BCMR2.com Event Liability Waiver - PLEASE READ...

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

BCMR2.com Event Liability Waiver - PLEASE READ...

Postby MR2MK1SC » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:01 pm

BCMR2.com Event Liability Waiver

Definitions:
  1. For the purposes of this document, the term ‘Event Organizers’ will be used to refer to the combined parties of the BCMR2 Planning Committee (Manjit Gosal, Cam Redenbach, Russell Turnbull, Cameron Martyn and Mathew Key), BCMR2.com, and the BCMR2 Owners Group Website/Message Board;
  2. Event’ shall refer to any event posted on the BCMR2.com website and/or organized by the Event Organizers.

Waiver of Liability
  1. I, the undersigned hereby release, discharge, save harmless and indemnify the Event Organizers from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, damages, costs, expenses, and demands whatsoever, including actions based on breach of contract, negligence, in respect to bodily injury, loss or damage to my person or property, or death, howsoever causes, arising out of or in conjunction with my participation and/or attendance of the Event or in otherwise using the facilities and/or services of the Event Organizers notwithstanding that the same may be contributed to or caused by the acts or omissions of the said parties;
  2. I acknowledge and accept all risks involved with participating in the Event, including but not limited to monetary loss and/or personal injury, property damage (personal and/or otherwise), and/or death. I acknowledge and accept the risk of damage to any property, both personal and public. I acknowledge and accept any losses resulting from, but not limited to: theft, damage, injury, and/or death;
  3. I accept and assume total and complete liability for my own actions. I accept full risk as to my own health and/or welfare and I accept responsibility for the health and/or welfare of any other members. I agree to compensate any affected parties for any losses resulting either directly or indirectly from any of my acts or omissions, that may result in personal injury, loss of life, damage to personal or public property, loss of personal property, and/or financial losses;
  4. I acknowledge that I understand ALL the information issued by the Event Organizers regarding possible risks associated with the Event and the rules for participation within it. I agree to abide by all rules established by the Event Organizers before and during the Event. I agree that my participation is at the discretion of any Event Organizer, and should it be withdrawn I agree that I will not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid regardless of the fault of any parties;
  5. I agree not to hold the Event Organizers liable for inclement weather, acts of God, or any other unsafe condition that may make any part of the Event hazardous to either attendees or their personal property. Refunds of fees paid will be made at the sole discretion of the Event Organizers;
  6. I acknowledge and agree not to hold the Event Organizers, event volunteers, and/or event sponsors, jointly or severally, responsible for any losses. I agree to give up any rights to hold the Event Organizers, event volunteers, and/or sponsors liable for any personal injury, loss of life, loss of personal property, personal property damage, and/or any personal or financial loss resulting from participating in the Event. I understand that my signature waives any and all liability on the part of the Event Organizers and/or affiliates, present or future, for the Event. I further understand that by signing this waiver of liability I am solely responsible for my actions and the actions of any minors for whom I hold legal responsibility. I waive my consent and rights to a 3rd Party action or claim being brought on my behalf against the Event Organizers and/or affiliates, present or future, for the Event.
  7. I, the undersigned, understand and acknowledge that I am hereby waiving all rights to commence legal proceedings against the Event Organizers that I fully appreciate the inherent risks of injury and loss associated with participation and/or attendance in the Event, and consent to the assumption of such risks. I further waive my consent and rights to be included in any class or group actions being brought against the Event Organizers and/or affiliates, present or future, for the Event.
  8. By attending an Event, I agree that I will not seek any compensation, monetary or otherwise, from the Event Organizers for damages or liability that I am found guilty of in a Court of Law or any other judicial or adjudicated matter. I agree not to take any actions, legal or otherwise, to recover or claim against the Event Organizers for any loss, damage, injury or any other remedy, civil or otherwise which may occur whilst participating or attending the Event.

I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND THE CONTENTS THEREOF AND THAT I HAVE EXECUTED THE SAME OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
MR2MK1SC
Grandfather '2

Postby MR2MK1SC » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:35 pm

Hey all;

As the Club continues to grow and the driving season approaches, the Executive Board has decided to put forth a "BCMR2.com Waiver of Liability" to help protect itself from incidents it has no control over. We have always stressed our BCMR2.com Event Guidelines for when people attend our meets, but with road racing and occurances from the past, we have felt that it is important that we (the organizers) protect our persona Rights and remind people of our legal separation from BCMR2.com as a (all be it great) car club.

We hope that you understand our position and that we (as you) can't wait for the 2005 driving season to begin!

Sincerely;
- D
Danny Revelant
'89 MR2 SC
MR2MK1SC
Grandfather '2

Postby MR2MK1SC » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:45 pm

Updated as of November 5th, 2006. Please read.

- D
Danny Revelant
'89 MR2 SC
MR2MK1SC
Grandfather '2

Return to Upcoming BCMR2 Sponsored Events