BCMR2.com Event Guidelines...

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

BCMR2.com Event Guidelines...

Postby MR2MK1SC » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:32 pm

BCMR2.com Event Guidelines:

1. No racing. (Save it for the track)

2. When passing slower traffic, only one car passes at a time, and only when safe to do so, with plenty of indication.

3. No burnouts or engine revving in urban or residential areas.

4. Keep a predetermined safe minimum following distance behind the car in front of you. (ie. Avoid tail-gating)

5. Speeding is not an activity that BCMR2.com supports nor condones. However, if one is found doing so, please use extreme caution and only on stretches of road YOU KNOW (ie. Previously driven). Specific attention should be placed on road/weather/traffic/vehicle conditions when exceeding any posted speed limits.

6. Agree on an initial group leader to PACE the group before you depart, and on how/when a leader change can/will be initiated.

7. No-one is to pass the leader, unless waved by or instructed to do so in some other way.

8. Predetermine an agreed set of handsignals before setting out, to notify drivers behind you of road hazards, or speedtraps, etc.

9. Make sure everyone in the group knows the route, and/or at least has a vague idea of the destination or a rest-stop/checkpoint.

10. There is zero tolerance for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and for any member endangering us or our hobby by doing so, will be reported to the proper authorities.
MR2MK1SC
Grandfather '2

Postby MR2MK1SC » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:32 pm

Hey all;

Though these are pretty much common sense, with all the recent attention of road racing and car accidents in the news, the Executive Board @ BCMR2.com has decided to publish a set of guidelines we will be enforcing starting with our first 2005 drive.

Please review them and post any questions/concerns you may have.

Sincerely;
- D
Danny Revelant
'89 MR2 SC
MR2MK1SC
Grandfather '2

Postby Narfy » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:39 pm

i can see liability issues...

5. Speed only when road/weather/traffic/vehicle conditions safely allow, and only on stretches of road you KNOW. (ie. Previously driven)
i eat waaaaay too much sushi...
2nd place best stock MKI at BC2004...
fng@regencyauto.com
Narfy
BCMR2 Sponsor

Postby adam » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:40 pm

I agree with Narfy, #5 should be rewritten to something like:

"Speeding is not an activity the club supports, however; if one is found doing so, please use extreme caution, yada yada yada."
adam
Grandfather '2

Postby MR2MK1SC » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:49 pm

dj_twin_turbo wrote:I agree with Narfy, #5 should be rewritten to something like:

"Speeding is not an activity the club supports, however; if one is found doing so, please use extreme caution, yada yada yada."

Noted and has been changed. Thanks for your input guys.
- D
Danny Revelant
'89 MR2 SC
MR2MK1SC
Grandfather '2

Postby adam » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:51 pm

Just looking out for y'all ;)
adam
Grandfather '2

Postby LittleDragon » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:30 am

After a weekend of a lot of driving, I think everyone should reread these rules for a refresher.
LittleDragon
Grandfather '2

Return to Upcoming BCMR2 Sponsored Events