The event suggestion box

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Re: The event suggestion box

Postby MR2MK1SC » Wed May 23, 2018 3:24 pm

All I'm saying is that in the time it took you to write your response above, you could have easily reposted an old Drive thread after a few date/time changes (as I know there are templates) and simplified things for Kevin. Takes a few seconds...

This way, everyone sees it as a new post, as opposed to this lingering dated one in the "Suggestion Box".

But you take my comments as you want... Nothing new there....
Danny Revelant
'89 MR2 SC
MR2MK1SC
Grandfather '2

Postby immorality » Wed May 23, 2018 3:41 pm

Right, and in the time it took you to chastise me, you also, could have posted a new thread with relevant information and we could all be on our merry way.

I figure that if I'm not able to attend, then it would make more sense for the people that want to go, to put the details together themselves.
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Postby Gypsy » Wed May 23, 2018 3:53 pm

The dynamics of the group have changed, its smaller and more tight knit, members are more than capable of organizing something on their own, and they do though usually on WhatsApp. The big drives/events that were highly organized and labor intensive for the exec's are a thing of the past.

Simple fact is there is far less mr2's nowadays and the people who come out to events/shows/coffee meets are the same ones who do drives togather ir impromptu meets and don't really need an executive board to set it up for them.
-John
1993 MR2 gen4 swapped
1946 Ford pickup
1995 Jeep YJ
1987 MR2 T-Top- sold
1987 MR2 Sunroof -RIP-
Gypsy
Junior '2

Postby znwgy09agh » Wed May 23, 2018 4:07 pm

I don't think it would be fair to place the responsibility of planning everything MR2 related in the group at Russ' feet. The club is a community and I'm sure members are more than capable enough to step up and fill the void of the larger exec team of years past. If someone wants a cruise, it's not too difficult to plan an event through the BCMR2 FB group or whatsapp. The forum is pretty dead nowadays...
znwgy09agh

Postby entrax » Wed May 23, 2018 4:12 pm

As far as the group has operated in the last 5 years i've been a part of it, Russ has posted various meets, swap meets, drives, Toyotafest, and of course the monthly meets. This is a simple drive as you've mentioned and it's not like it's a full blown official organized drive. The "execs" includes Russ. That's it. I'm thankful that this site is even up and he pays for it out of pocket.

Anyone can post a simple drive. Now because you feel that it should be an admin's job and disagree with that, now you'll take this drive to PM's and make it an exclusive non-club involving event?

Especially with how quiet as this forum is now that most people just post on the Facebook bcmr2 group, there's no need to put up passive aggressive posts here. Anyone can see that the amount of mr2's on the road is declining and the ownership as well. There's no reason to belittle what club activities we have left. Let's appreciate what Russ does for the group. Everyone else who actually shows up to meets does.
entrax
Baby '2

Postby redtwo » Wed May 23, 2018 5:00 pm

If someone wants a drive, do it post it and see who shows up. I love our coffee meets, swap meets. I get together with others for Drives as well. And I appreciate how Russ manages to keep the wheels on this miscarriage of a club.
1969 Sprinter w/4age
1991 MR2 Turbo
2011 Scion tC
Last Chance Garage
redtwo
Junior '2

Postby 2-yota » Fri May 25, 2018 1:24 am

Sunday Jun 3 or Sunday Jun 10 ... which can you guys make?

I need a reason to get my MR2 plated for this summer.
-Ed
Black MR2 Turbo
2-yota
Papa '2

Postby MR2MK1SC » Fri May 25, 2018 7:29 am

2-yota wrote:Sunday Jun 3 or Sunday Jun 10 ... which can you guys make?

I need a reason to get my MR2 plated for this summer.

I vote for the 3rd.
Danny Revelant
'89 MR2 SC
MR2MK1SC
Grandfather '2

Postby 2-yota » Fri May 25, 2018 7:57 pm

I’m favouring Jun 3 myself too. Would like to scratch the itch before the itch goes away.

Are there any other events happening that day that I don’t know about?
-Ed
Black MR2 Turbo
2-yota
Papa '2

Previous

Return to Upcoming BCMR2 Sponsored Events