Advance Key AK-105B Push start system (Preview)

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Advance Key AK-105B Push start system (Preview)

Postby Oteck » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:41 am

I've been chatting with AK about their unit and now have got my hands on their newest unit AK-105B (soon to be added in their site)
Welcome to Advanced Keys

So far i have mix feelings after getting it. The finishing touch isn't very good.... for instance the new slim push start is just a momentary switch, it doesn't feel rugged as the oem or even the known knock off that's available today, so I won't be using it. And also the key fob feels quite cheap compared to my current unit, it "might" be possible to program it to accept my old one but don't hold your breath on that. I'm going to try to negotiate with them again about improving the fob and given the option on the push start.

Now from what i've been discussing with their Rep. the new unit has a secondary ignition stop if all else fails, im assuming it will work better than my last one as it hangs if the car stalled. The kit is made for automatics but i have ways to make it work safely for manuals. Use the remote start at your own risk, there is enough horror stories with mr2's running away because the owner leaves it parked in gear.

This kit will be vital to my setup when i remove the stock steering column for the lexus one as the ignition arm will not line up with the mr2 trim.

Whats in the kit?
Similar to the AK104 but has a shock sensor included to it. I'm to lazy to go over it so just check their page, there is also an input for the auto windows if you have a module for it

Smart key
Here you can see how it compares to my current unit. it's very plastic'y so it's not quite as nice, this will get beat up so it may not matter but im a guy who like his bling. There you see the bypass card in case you accidentally leave your keys in the car. From what i gather it's just lets you in the car but won't start the car as it would need the fob to do that

Push start hardware

From the top the long aftermarket push start from my previous kit on the left and the prius oem push start on the right
The bottom you see the optional ignition key cap and the slim momentary button. As you can see im not very fond of it
Oteck
Grandfather '2

Re: Advance Key AK-105B Push start system (Preview)

Postby camshaft » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:25 pm

looks interesting, whats the rough price
Licensed Auto Technician, Gov Inspector, AirCare, Pressure Fuels Installer
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Postby Oteck » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:12 am

I got mine at a discount because im doing a review and DIY for them. The guys at the meet knows how annoying my current one is that i had to pull the horn to make it stop beeping.
This should be relatively easy as most the pre-wires has already been laid out with the current PNP harness i made
Oteck
Grandfather '2

Postby camshaft » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:28 pm

Thanks Oteck, any rough idea what they are going to sell it for to the general public ?

Oteck wrote:I got mine at a discount because im doing a review and DIY for them. The guys at the meet knows how annoying my current one is that i had to pull the horn to make it stop beeping.
This should be relatively easy as most the pre-wires has already been laid out with the current PNP harness i made
Licensed Auto Technician, Gov Inspector, AirCare, Pressure Fuels Installer
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Postby Oteck » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 pm

You'll have to contact them directly about that. I was rather fortunate they told me of the newer unit when i told them about my previous issues instead of selling me the 104.
For now i can't discuss any more as i may have went into a NDA so to not hurt the current sales i'll just be testing out the new unit and see how it goes.
Oteck
Grandfather '2

Return to Audio, Alarm, and Stereo Talk