How to disarm/disable the factory alarm

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

How to disarm/disable the factory alarm

Postby Turboboy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:02 am

I locked the door manually and closed the door and the factory alarm armed (I never knew that the factory alarm existed in my car). The problem is that my car has shaved door handles so I had to open the door with my door poppers which will set the factory alarm off!! now having no key holes I am not able to disarm the alarm therefore wont let me start the car at all:( I did some researches of how to reset an malfunctioning alarm... which is.. first, locate the "override/valet" button and press and hold, place the key on ON position and then the car will start, unfortunately I dont know where that button is located, I was told that is located under the steering column which I dont see anything there:( The other choice is to ground the starter kill wire(pin #18 red/blue stripe) The factory alarm ECU and harness is located by pass. side by the seatbelt area. now I found the harness but I dont see any red/blue stripe wire and I dont know how to how to pin#18 the closer colour wire is red/black stripe....OMG I dont know what to do... does anyone has the BGB(big green book) knows what colour is the starter kill wire is...

US-MK2-91-Turbo
Turboboy
Baby '2

Re: How to disarm/disable the factory alarm

Postby dh4ever » Sun May 01, 2011 9:36 pm

key in the ignition and move it to start, it shut it off on me.
dh4ever
Papa '2

Postby ZerA » Mon May 02, 2011 12:41 am

Judging from your symptons, it doesnt sounds like a factory alarm. If an alarm system is preventing your car from starting and just find the RED starter wire on the ignition harness and make sure it is not bypassed. If it is, just cut the bypass and join back starter wires back together.
-Thomas
1990 Toyota MR2 GT JDM Hardtop - Summer Cruiser
1983 Honda Civic 5spd - Winter Grinder SOLD
ZerA
Papa '2

Postby Turboboy » Tue May 03, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanks Zera, indeed it was the alarm, what I did is I start the car by popping the clutch with my GF pushing lol.. once the car started I disconnect the alarm and ground the starter kill wire located in the harness..
Turboboy
Baby '2

Return to Audio, Alarm, and Stereo Talk