Door popper problem

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Door popper problem

Postby Turboboy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:35 pm

Alarm brand is Clifford 53-843-01

so here is what happen, bought the car with shaved handle but it came without popper kit, the previous owner told me that he used to roll down the windows and reach in for the handle but isnt working anymore:( so I have decided to disconnect the trunk popper(which came with the alarm) I used that wire feed it thru the door and bought a 50Lbs door popper solenoid from http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/mer ... Code=DP-01 and installed I had to feed negative directly from the battery. so everything work find, I was sooo proud of myself but after 20-25 tries (works every single time) it STOP working!!! I am pretty sure that the alarm(trunk release module got fried) because when I press the button, the alarm doesnt have the clicking noise anymore. every other things works normal so my questions are:
is it a fuse that is blown or the module from the alarm brain?
is there anyway or recommendation that I should do? I really want to fix this car!! anyone that is an alarm expert? I will pay. I know Oteck is one but he seems like a very busy man :lol:

PS: please do not tell me to sell the car or something like that is not nice :lol: for SURE my next mr2 will be a stock one!
Turboboy
Baby '2

Re: Door popper problem

Postby PearlWhiteMR2 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:07 pm

check your private messages.
-Sarah
1985 MR2 - R.I.P
1991 MR2 Turbo
2013 Scion FR-S
Apprentice Tech at Valley Toyota
PearlWhiteMR2
Grandfather '2

Re: Door popper problem

Postby Turboboy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:39 pm

this is what the solenoid seller told me
"If you hooked it up to a trunk release output, the output is probably burned up. Trunk releases only use around 15 amps. The door pop solenoid needs 50. It needs to have a minimum of 14 gauge wires from the relays to the solenoids and at least 12 gauge wire from the relays to the battery. "
Turboboy
Baby '2

Return to Audio, Alarm, and Stereo Talk