19%
Short Drive
75%
Local TSD Rally/Scavenger Hunt
6%

Total votes : 16

BC2010 - Saturday Daytime Activity

Postby immorality » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:16 pm

There are a couple of ideas floating around for our Saturday activities, please vote in the poll and add any comments you may have. Thanks.

Long Drive

Drive to Vancouver/Whistler/Pemberton/Lillooet/Boston Bar/Hope: This loop would be a day long drive (approximately 4-6 hours). We would begin the meet somewhere in the Vancouver area, drive the Sea to Sky to Whistler, and keep going on to Pemberton. This curving highway loops toward Lillooet, which then comes back south to pass through several small communites like Lytton and Boston Bar, then winds down through the scenic and curvy Fraser Canyon to Hope. From Hope we travel back through Chilliwack and Abbotsford.

Short Drive:

Drive to Boston Bar: We meet at Sunrise Toyota at 9:30am. Drive to Hope, take the Highway 1 route north through the Fraser Canyon. It's a spectacular, winding highway with minimal traffic that follows the Fraser River. There are several stops of interest along the way, historic and natural, and you can see some old train tunnels from the highway that were built right into the mountains. The highway itself is curvy and there are several tunnels we would go through where we could take some awesome pictures.

Rally/Scavenger Hunt

Everyone is give a set of goofy directions and sent out in small group throughout the city trying to follow the instructions to the closest kilometer and time of the benchmark. In addition there will be a list of goofy items to take pictures of in a attempt to better their score which is arbitrarily graded by judges.
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Re: BC2010 - Saturday Daytime Activity

Postby RePete » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:11 pm

I voted for a short drive but I think it should end with a treat, like an ice cream stand or something. Just enough to spoil our appetites. :P
RePete
Grandfather '2

Re: BC2010 - Saturday Daytime Activity

Postby immorality » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:00 pm

RePete wrote:I voted for a short drive but I think it should end with a treat, like an ice cream stand or something. Just enough to spoil our appetites. :P

Maybe a trip to the Wildcat grill to destroy our appetites?
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Return to BC2010