Our dollar $uck'$

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Our dollar $uck'$

Postby Oteck » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:30 pm

Well it's hitting me hard now realizing im paying 20% more for parts in the states... ugh

Though i'm lucky last year when i ordered 5x cluster glass for the mk2 and some spare parts it looks like i won't be buying anything till next year when this BS goes back to par.

I'm selling 2 of those if anyone is interested ;) Only bought them on a whim because i was afraid they'll discontinue it along with many other parts.
Oteck
Grandfather '2

Re: Our dollar $uck'$

Postby immorality » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:34 am

Ya, this is brutal, but nothing that hasn't been seen before. That said, like yourself, almost all of my car parts come out of the states, at least they did. I'll have to hold back on the mods for a while. I don't think much is going to change anytime soon, much less get even close to a par dollar. With all the extra fracting in the US, the cost of oil could stay suppressed for quite some time and because the value of our dollar is closely tied to natural resources (like oil), that means that we are going to have to be savvy spenders.
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Postby Goopi » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:30 pm

I'm holding back on a few items I would like to grab too. Thank god at least the price of gas goes down when this occurs, or else it would be brutal!

It's funny how we're do dependent on our neighbours. :lol:
Goopi
Papa '2

Postby Oteck » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:48 pm

yeah looks like i wont be getting new weather seals :(
now local prices are looking better......

I also think that is the problem as we spend more abroad thats money leaving the system

anyone wanna buy jacked up celica pedals? they are so expensive new from toyota which made me glad i got them earlier
Oteck
Grandfather '2

Return to Off Topic