Apotheosis now on YouTube!

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Apotheosis now on YouTube!

Postby immorality » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up Drew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72t69GalRmg

Ten years ago following the success of "MR2DIE4 (1998)" and "MR2DIE4 the Extreme Machines (2000)" I opted to start another automotive documentary to include a broader scope of Japanese car types. I could sense something big was going to happen to the Japanese Tuning scene so I traveled to even more cities than the previous film.

At the time I had released my MR2 films they were one of the few American documentaries covering Japanese cars, the majority of other videos on the market at the time were from Japan (non-translated); However in 2001 Universal Studio's released "The Fast and the Furious" and within months brought the Japanese Tuner scene into the limelight. The market then became flooded with videos about underground street racing (largely profiling Japanese tuners). Being that "Apotheosis" was self-funded/ self-produced I found myself in a race to get to market on an overly ambitious project. The film took three years to make as I wanted it to be way more than just another Tuner/Street Racer film but rather a time capsule of the era.

Apotheosis was released in 2003 and achieved moderate success , the film did eventually break-even but I opted against making another as my career was focused on making video games (Including doing some sound design on EA's Need for Speed Underground)

As with my other films I also composed the soundtrack; however this was the first soundtrack I created not only with Midi hardware but my very first virtual synthesizers as that technology was becoming more available.

I had a lot of fun working on this documentary mostly due to the wonderful people I met while making it. I decided to post this up to preserve the era for future generations as well as to show a more positive twist on tuners of that time.
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Re: Apotheosis now on YouTube!

Postby MRII » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:18 am

Interesting video.
MRII
Junior '2

Return to MR2 Media - Pictures and Videos