Midnight Photoshoot

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Re: Midnight Photoshoot

Postby Goopi » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:50 pm

I think I used the same Meguiars stuff, not entirely sure since I've only done it once....on the first day I got my car (3 years ago). :lol:
Goopi
Papa '2

Postby driftingsw21 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:15 am

vindicator wrote:Driftingzzw30 always recommended Pinnacle Souveran wax, and I'd like to give that a try once I repolish the paint later on.

Hard part about that wax is getting your hands on it.
97 SC300 Because DD with some space
95 Sunroof Because Show Car
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby RePete » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:39 am

That seems to be the long-time trend for car care items, recommending an exclusive product only available through an Antarctic expedition via a tug boat just after scaling K2 in the hopes of receiving that elusive shine that no other products could possibly match. Then when you get the product $100 & 6 months later, sure it's good, but the difference (if any) is negligible or imperceptible to most. Usually amounts to bragging rights in the end.

I know that brands like Maguiar's, 3M and Mother's have been used by car show guys internationally for decades. Just avoid cheaper Turtle Wax products if possible!
RePete
Grandfather '2

Postby driftingsw21 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:23 am

I used to use it extensively whenever I waxed my black turbo back in the day. The car would glow in the dark and provide a very nice shine that no matter what else I tried wouldn't match it. A little bit would go a very long way. Ironically enough the tin came with the car. That one tin lasted me 2 years. I shutter to think how long it would last with the "new" method.

Here's the kicker it's 100 dollars a tin, and works best on darker finish cars like reds, blacks, etc.... For me well having a white car now I have no idea how things would turn out. I'm happy with the results that the sweat and toil me and Vindicator put into our cars thus far.
97 SC300 Because DD with some space
95 Sunroof Because Show Car
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby thelaw604 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:46 am

I think Dan has mentioned about Collinite before as well.

This is the one I use:
http://www.autowerkesexclusive.com/prod ... index.html

I use it mainly because of its durability. I usually use it once-twice a year and it lasts quite well. I do park indoors though.
thelaw604
Baby '2

Postby macatak » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:42 pm

had a chance to check out Vindicators MK2 yesterday. huge improvement,
exterior colour is nice and even, can hardly see the diff. from the original shade of red in the
doorjambs.

didn't get as close a look at Driftingzzw30's Spyder but it's really shiney and really bright in direct sunlight.

certainly looks like the results were worth the time

I have a buddy up in Kamloops who details his cars and uses the Collinite 845 and swears by it. Based on what I've seen it's on my list.
'89 SC, 1st place MR2 MK1/MK3, 2013 Toyotafest; Best AW11 PSTOF 2010
'91 Turbo,
'99 Maxima ES - lump
macatak
Papa '2

Postby RePete » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Not trying to pop some balloons here. Through observation I've found that some dudes (not everyone of course) tend to bust their butt on preparation (good pre-wash, microfiber cloth, claybar, cut-polish, etc.) beforehand when they know they'll apply a $200 polish to their car because they're hell-bent on justifying its cost. Those prep steps may be sloppily done or skipped altogether when dealing with just 'off the shelf' stuff. Something to think about. :wink:
RePete
Grandfather '2

Previous

Return to MR2 Media - Pictures and Videos