My new Header/Exhaust - MAP/DLI 4AGZE

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

My new Header/Exhaust - MAP/DLI 4AGZE

Postby GTSSportCoupe » Mon May 23, 2011 9:40 am

Finally got my exhaust all welded, painted and put on. It's a modified blacktop 20v header (extended primaries 1" to clear starter), SV3Power racing downpipe (2.5"), and custom 2.5" piping back to a 2.5" magnaflow cat and 2.5" straight through can muffler.

The good news is it has freed up a ton of power compared to my previous 1-7/8" N/A 4age exhaust. The bad news is that it is WAY TO LOUD!!! So the can is going to have to be replaced with something else. The sound is awesome, but way way too loud. I'll have to swap out the can with a baffled muffler like a Magnaflow or something.

In addition to the exhaust, my other power mods are bored out throttle body and j-pipe (to 55mm), N/A Cams, and HKS pulley. The car is a monster now. I can't believe how fast it is even at high speeds on the highway (4000rpms+).

Anyhow, here are the pics. I did add a bunch of fibreglass heat wrap to various things after these pics to protect them from heat.

Current:
95 A32 Maxima SE
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
GTSSportCoupe
Baby '2

Re: My new Header/Exhaust - MAP/DLI 4AGZE

Postby immorality » Mon May 23, 2011 9:45 am

Nice work! I can definitely appreciate when you say it's loud. The mk1 needs a very long muffler for that short exhaust system.
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Re: My new Header/Exhaust - MAP/DLI 4AGZE

Postby GTSSportCoupe » Mon May 23, 2011 5:40 pm

immorality wrote:Nice work! I can definitely appreciate when you say it's loud. The mk1 needs a very long muffler for that short exhaust system.

Thanks! I'll post up when I find a replacement muffler that quiet's things down.

Current:
95 A32 Maxima SE
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
GTSSportCoupe
Baby '2

Return to MR2 Media - Pictures and Videos