BMW Rear Subframe Mount Repair

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Re: BMW Rear Subframe Mount Repair

Postby bbarnumboy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:15 am

true...the little bits of my life where i am not at work doing a 75 hour work week would be so plain..lol

well good news just ordered the plates for repair. but didnt have enough for the bushings. so that will be another 2 weeks, to come
God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope
bbarnumboy
MR2 know it all

Postby bbarnumboy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:34 pm

plates will be here tesday. just got a shipping confirmation/tracking.

guess its time to drop the gas tank, fire up the compressor, pull out the ol trusty angle grinder and cut this bitch up at 20,000 rpms :twisted:
bbarnumboy
MR2 know it all

Postby bbarnumboy » Mon May 10, 2010 4:20 pm

well that onyl took 3 1/2 months. anyways, sorry i didn't update i wil lpost the rest of the pics i got, not a whole lot. all in all it is done. Alex and I finished everything up on thrusday night, and we bled the brakes and put on the wheels last night and jump started it (Dead battery :-( ) runs great, the brakes need some more bleeding and i have to install the rear swaybar when the new endlink arrives. i broke one of them, which was really stsupid.

so glad Alex could come help because i would have gone nuts without him there, this things suspession is a joke, it is quite rediculous and i hate it. but it is all together. i can now hear the strut tops really well, so thats next on the list. it needs a major allignment and a tire rotation before beatin it up on the tracks in medford OR. in 2 weeks.

so yeah this was a dumb project but i learned alot of things, and got alot of experience with the welding and stuff.

funny thing is i have sound dampening material scattered all over it with no back seats or anything. and the gas tank access panels still out so i hear the fuel pump whine, along with the massive rush of air and noise shooting up from those big holes. i will reassemble the interior at my leisure. Yay for not having to ride the motorcycle in the rain and snow anymore!!
bbarnumboy
MR2 know it all

Postby vindicator » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:53 am

I'm glad I could help. It was pretty fun wrenching on the bimmer in the middle of the night. I can't wait to see your Medford videos of the car going slideways!
I miss Canada.. :(
vindicator
Baby '2

Previous

Return to Do-it-yourself \ How-to