Duy ' s 95 build

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Re: Duy ' s 95 build

Postby adam » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:40 pm

What a shame that a low mileage example has been treated so strangely!
adam
Grandfather '2

Postby RePete » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:41 am

Well, to each their own, I say. Sometimes you need to try it before you know what it's about.

I owned two MR2s together for about a year (plus a beater Civic as well). And the reason I don't do it anymore, and I've posted this before, is because it felt like having two similar girlfriends at the same time (and like some of you, I've done that for real). It's a lot of fun at first, but as the relationships progress, the novelty wears off and you seem to run out of time & energy as they demand more from you emotionally and physically, repeating the same actions for each. Eventually you end up slightly favoring one over the other and the one who falls by the wayside ends up demanding more attention than you're prepared to give - and that one might be better off with another person who can make 'her' happy.

In retrospect, I find it more satisfying & rewarding concentrating on the one car and making it the best you can rather than spreading out your resources on two.
RePete
Grandfather '2

Postby driftingsw21 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:31 pm

Both of the 95 s hit me in that soft spot. The red one looks wise is what I always wanted my original 92 to look like. It even has the same body kit I had on it. I already have plans to put in a beams engine into that car once I bring it home. Transfer all the parts suspension and brake wise from my 94 into the car while I can. For a car with such low miles I have no idea why they decided to turbo a 5sfe.

The black turbo well considering it has a new rebuilt engine and turbo I'll leave that one alone for the time being. Plans for it are still up in the air as I feel like I would be bastardizing the car if I did anything to it.
97 SC300 Because DD with some space
95 Sunroof Because Show Car
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby driftingsw21 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Well got the car running. Last time I was on the east coast the car just died on me. Being cold, angry and well cold I just didn't feel like troubleshooting inside of a parking lot. So when I had the chance in a nice warm garage to figure things out I was able to fix things. The car has been sitting for a long time, well what good mr2 worth buying hasn't been sitting right. So the battery just didn't have enough amps to crank things and the terminals were loose. Least it's good to know the car runs!!! So off to LIA Toyota for a new OEM battery.

Since I miss driving the car well I never really got to drive it I had to take it out. Just my luck SNOW freaking SNOW FML!!!! Still drove like a champ while the white stuff was coming down. Driving the car reminds me how bad the factory headlights are. So need to put in a set of HIDS into this one too. Oh Pictures :wink:
Bye Bye Spider it's now Steve's I'm sure he will figure things out.
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby driftingsw21 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:51 am

It's finally back HOME!!!! Stupid Snow Storms, Berret Jackson Auction, Stupid Expensive Cost of Shipping so many things. Still after all of that Megumi is now HOME!!!
Something Very Cool From JDM Land Brand New Fugi Exhaust
Installing Carbing front strut brace, brake master brace, and working on installing Gladfab lights. Don't mind the 10ft of gold foil that's for something else :twisted: Bad part with the Carbing bar in place the spare tire just isn't going to work. Then again likely hood of me being able to jack the car up on the side of the road if it was front wheel puncture zero. So out went the spare tire and all bits associated with it.
One of the prime reason's why I bought a 95 so I could fit this part. I wanted a Carbing 4 point front member brace for years.
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby driftingsw21 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Huge suspension update coming soon..... Why well I was there things looked rusted out, got really lazy to remove certain parts etc.... In sort looked for an excuse to install cool new parts.
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby driftingsw21 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:31 am

Parts more Parts and more parts

Found some nice wheels on craigs list
Got myself a nice center console and the storage box from a local parts car
Decided to basically replace everything in the front suspension
Got some coilovers, their Blitz coilovers how well do they stack up only time will tell. Need to dial in ride height, get an alignment, oh yea first I have to install them.
Lastly this fell off a truck and found it's way into my garage. Cookies for the one that figures out which gen I'm dealing with.
Now so much to do so little time, I still have lots in the works for the rest of the engine, turbo, intercooler, downpipe, sort out the wiring, finally decide on what I'm going to do transmission wise etc..... So much to figure out.
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby sprinterkb » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:50 pm

Gen 3 , see the pcv!
RedLeader
93T "RedLeader" 18 Prime hypersonic Red
2nd place mark 2 2013 Tfest
OnlyToyota's in my garage! (Lastchance Garage)
sprinterkb
Papa '2

Postby immorality » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Ha, rookie. No cookies for you. It's the ST246 "gen5" 3sgte. You can tell right away because the oil cap is on the exhaust side of the head and it has the newer coils.
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Postby driftingsw21 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:59 pm

immorality wrote:Ha, rookie. No cookies for you. It's the ST246 "gen5" 3sgte. You can tell right away because the oil cap is on the exhaust side of the head and it has the newer coils.

LOL Russ I'll buy cookies next time I see you. Yes it's a 5th gen lots of work, who knows if it would be worth it but should give a 2gr a run for it's money once I hit boost.
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby immorality » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:49 pm

Mike's Gen3 pulled away from me ever so slightly at high speed/rpm during last years '2 the beach.
immorality

Postby driftingsw21 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:04 pm

Oh you know me I always got a little bit extra under the hood :wink: poking at the turbo to get a little bit more top end while sacrificing some low end grunt. We will have lots of fun playing around (closed course only), hope I could keep up with that immense torque you got. Just don't go put in a supercharger.
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby driftingsw21 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:50 am

Happy parts arrival day!!! Sadly this is just the tip of of the ice berg
More cool stuff for JDM land
HKS fine-tune timing belt cracks me up how our coveted JDM parts are packaged in a manner where they are ment to just be hanging on some store shelf. Also got a brand new REAL TRD emblem least they put it in a really nice plastic case.
More work on the MR2

Installed a new Black Center Panel fresh from the Toyota Parts Department. Strange thing is that the cost of a new part is the same as to paint. So new part it is, wanted a nice gloss black to add some contrast to the rear end. Yes I bought lots of those emblems got to match the front end.
Got me a e153, it was dirty like no other, after a few hours of cleaning, a wire wheel, and some heavy duty metal polishing you could eat off of the trans.
HKS SSQV, and matching AEM digital gauges waiting to go into my custom modified Rexspeed pod. Gauges are Wideband, Oil Pressure, and Boost.
Rear Tie Rod Ends, the stock ones where rusted out to the point I couldn't adjust my rear toe settings. It's just scary how much these parts cost new. I went with OEM why, longevity, and likelihood that you need to modify more toe angles then a stock bar low.
Holy Grail of seats, and I mean holy grail of seats. Leather DTM RS seats Suede centers in full Carbon Fiber Shells. Likely chance that these seats getting installed anytime soon low. How much I got them for a lot but no where near list price. List price on these seats are 3k each and that's not even with mounting plates or anything ouch... Got to love fire sales, and once in a lifetime opportunities. Scary part these things weigh next to nothing, 10 pounds would be the light estimate, or maybe 15 pounds max. Instant weight reduction by 50 pounds from the car easy.
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby immorality » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:43 am

Alex showed me those seats a while ago, definitely gorgeous!
immorality

Postby driftingsw21 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:17 pm

Yea I was lucky to get the seats, I thought they were sold long time ago. For once waiting paid off as I got them for only 1500 for the pair talk about a screaming deal.
driftingsw21
Baby '2

PreviousNext

Return to Members MR2's & Build Threads