Re: My Mk2 MR2

Postby Oteck » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Start reading on this....
http://www.clearcorners.com/tech/002/
Oteck
Grandfather '2

Postby kakucaekz » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:15 pm

Woot thanks again, I guess I'll go with [s]competition H4 bulbs, I just gotta find out where to buy upgraded harnesses.[/s]

Harnesses are too expensive haha, something in the Ultra-H4 area will do :P
Dalton
1991 MR2 Turbo - Summer toy
1992 Acura Integra GSR - Winter/daily/passenger car
kakucaekz
Papa '2

Postby Goopi » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Cibie lights are greater than even their biggest competitor, Hella. On my brothers 240 I noticed the lights leaking around the center, hot spot, area.
Goopi
Papa '2

Postby Oteck » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:05 pm

wait till i get my real d2s projector lamps to replace my h9 low beam :) then i can say bye bye to horrid cut off from retrofit hids
Oteck
Grandfather '2

Postby kakucaekz » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:14 pm

So.. Cibie 200mm H4 housings and Sylvania zXes, good combo? It'll run about $200 in total, which isn't too bad for great quality lighting. Now all I gotta do is blow my current cheapo stuff so I HAVE to replace them :P
Dalton
kakucaekz
Papa '2

Postby kakucaekz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:41 pm

Just ordered a set of 94 tail lights with a white centre panel and trunk lock. Can't waaaaaiiitt. :D Pics when I get them in.. whenever :D
Dalton
kakucaekz
Papa '2

Postby kakucaekz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Woohoo triple post lol. Lots of questions in this post :P Sorry in advance if these start getting annoying.

I was just looking at KO Racing's stuff, and they seem to have a good variety of parts for the MR2. They have an intercooler kit, air intakes, springs, struts and some other cool stuff that I'd like for my car, including a gas powered engine lid prop rod ahaha. Thing is, should I go with them or Twosrus? Anybody have any experiences with KORacing? The prices are similiar, it's just that I've heard good things about Twosrus and would like to know if KORacing is also reputable. Also, where can I get a GReddy SP exhaust? I've seen a couple people rocking them, including Oteck, and I like how it sounds and looks close to stock. Last one, is it OK if I run different struts in the front than the rear? For example, can I use Konis in the back and rock Tokicos in front?

So many questions D:
Dalton
kakucaekz
Papa '2

Postby Oteck » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:43 pm

greddy sp are rare nowadays since they have been long discontinued but they do pop up once awhile from 350-450 depending on the condition. im still looking for a nice one as a spare
regarding mixing struts, i wouldn't do it your ride wouldn't match up and only ghetto's/hacks would do that sort of thing along.

I got my gas shock rod from ebay awhile back and i prefer it over the twosrus since it's more flexible where you can mount it. drop by my place one day and see all my nifty bits and i can give you pointers and advices
Oteck
Grandfather '2

Postby PearlWhiteMR2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:11 pm

i wouldn't do it your ride wouldn't match up and only ghetto's/hacks would do that sort of thing along.

There are quite a few people who have done this successfully, and it's not that bad. Just because perhaps we all can't afford a full set of brand new suspension parts like some people, doesn't mean that they are ghetto/hacks. Insulting people who can't afford everything new and fancy is just rude.
-Sarah
1985 MR2 - R.I.P
1991 MR2 Turbo
2013 Scion FR-S
Apprentice Tech at Valley Toyota
PearlWhiteMR2
Grandfather '2

Postby kakucaekz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Thing is, I'm not very mechanically sound and I doubt I'll be able to match up different struts. I'll just be safe and go with a full set of struts from the same manufacturer.

I'll continue looking for a GReddy SP, but do you know of any other exhaust systems that look close to stock? As much as I want to go with an EMS or Berk one, they don't look very stock and I like my car as close to factory as possible, with the addition of a few sleeper mods ;)

And I'll definitely drop by one day Oteck; right now I'm just busy with exams and will be getting ready to go on a Christmas ski trip with my family. Hopefully I can come by sometime in January; I'd love to see all your nifty bits and stuff :P
Dalton
kakucaekz
Papa '2

Postby Goopi » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Have you looked at the Fujitsubo exhaust?
Goopi
Papa '2

Postby redMr2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:25 pm

redMr2
Baby '2

Postby Oteck » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:46 pm

kakucaekz wrote:Thing is, I'm not very mechanically sound and I doubt I'll be able to match up different struts. I'll just be safe and go with a full set of struts from the same manufacturer.

I'll continue looking for a GReddy SP, but do you know of any other exhaust systems that look close to stock? As much as I want to go with an EMS or Berk one, they don't look very stock and I like my car as close to factory as possible, with the addition of a few sleeper mods ;)

And I'll definitely drop by one day Oteck; right now I'm just busy with exams and will be getting ready to go on a Christmas ski trip with my family. Hopefully I can come by sometime in January; I'd love to see all your nifty bits and stuff :P

we both think the same way, im keeping my car stock looking while being drastically altered inside. There isn't many stock like replacement around the Fujitsubo legalis R the only one that i think is still being sold and the mongoose from UK... Im not to fond of dual canister muffler styles like the KO/EMS(motoria) aside from the berk which has it's unique growl.
But sounds aside i've been spoiled by the sound of my v6 so all 4cyl to me sounds like civic farts :BanMe:
Oteck
Grandfather '2

Postby kakucaekz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:49 pm

Lol civic farts. Hopefully a good air filter in combination with either the GReddy SP or Fujitsubo exhaust won't be so.. farty :P

As for the Fujitsubo, it looks and sounds nice and I'll definitely look into sourcing one for a good price. Thanks you two :P
Dalton
kakucaekz
Papa '2

Postby Goopi » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:52 am

redMr2 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2r1iTDZ7CU

omggg jizzzzzz

That would have been so much better if the dude in the shop stopped working for just this little moment. :P
Goopi
Papa '2

PreviousNext

Return to Members MR2's & Build Threads