Dale's Alignment Testimonials....

Moderator: Administrator, Executive Members

Postby Cameron » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:16 am

WOW,

So polite there, turned out my rear toe in was quite bad. I was talking with Jason and he mentioned they do sell tires as well and he said they can get them at competitive prices. I don't need tires till after winter, but Worth checking them out for tires if anyone needs them.
95 MR2
Cameron
MR2 know it all

Postby MonKeY NutZ » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:00 pm

Cameron wrote:WOW,

So polite there, turned out my rear toe in was quite bad. I was talking with Jason and he mentioned they do sell tires as well and he said they can get them at competitive prices. I don't need tires till after winter, but Worth checking them out for tires if anyone needs them.

Thats where i got my azenis. I had them for about 2 days and my rear one was shredded by a nail. There was no roadside hazard coverage on falkens, but jason got me another tire at cost and installed it for free. 8)
i put on my robe and wizard hat...
MonKeY NutZ
Papa '2

Postby ReDRuM » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:57 pm

Adjusted the alignment on my 2nd MR2 . Night and day difference. My car no longer has a jiggly rear end , and you know we hate those. Corners the way a midengine should....with a tight ass ( the cars that is )
Manj
ReDRuM Racing Ltd
ReDRuM
Junior '2

Postby Dustin » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:47 am

Jason and everyone else at Dales are great guys... they do good work too

My alignment is perfecto now
Dustin
Grandfather '2

Postby DBM » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:18 am

What make/model of alignment system does Dale's use?
93 MR2T turquoise pearl A/SS soloII
86 Cressida Wagon tow car
87 MR2 HT
85 Corolla GTS
80 corolla CMOD soloII
DBM
Baby '2

Postby dutch » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:14 am

dutch
Papa '2

Postby DBM » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:18 am

dutch wrote:check the bottom of this page:

http://www.bcmr2.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4864

Great, thanks!
93 MR2T turquoise pearl A/SS soloII
86 Cressida Wagon tow car
87 MR2 HT
85 Corolla GTS
80 corolla CMOD soloII
DBM
Baby '2

Postby camshaft » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:41 pm

Thanks Dutch..

Just want to add another note..

As it seems people are not reading my information thread

MKI OWNERS PLEASE READ!!!!!!!
Camshaft
Jason did mention to me that it is very common that the MKI rear suspension toe adjustment collars are seized. If you are replacing all the bushings, he asked that you take the time and make sure the rear toe collars are not seized. But please understand that Jason has to charge you accordingly for such extra time he does spend.

I have talked to Jason and he said to just purchase the adjustment collars from toyota 20-25 each side. And he just cuts the old one off and reuses the old ends and clamps.

dutch wrote:check the bottom of this page:

Licensed Auto Technician, Gov Inspector, AirCare, Pressure Fuels Installer
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Postby RePete » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:26 pm

camshaft wrote:As it seems people are not reading my information thread

Yeah, you're gonna have to keep a lookout for any posts that mention price outside of the member's pages - even Jason mentioned that to me yesterday. He also said he had to cut his service for another club because they kept blabbing about the price in public.

Did I mention Jason is awesome and he's the one who put the cherry on top of the MR2 sundae that Cam built for me?
RePete
Grandfather '2

Postby Cameron » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:32 pm

RePete wrote:He also said he had to cut his service for another club because they kept blabbing about the price in public.

Well hopefully people keep their yaps shut, I need my alignment done and theres nothing worse than screwing someone over who's trying to help us out and save us a couple bucks.
95 MR2
Cameron
MR2 know it all

Postby UFO » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:01 am

i had an issue that i want to bring up. i booked my alignment with jason for monday morning about a week ago, went in yesterday morning and all was well. except that jason wasnt there

darryl took my car for a testdrive, put it on the hoist and discovered that i had worn rear balljoints on the car. so no alignment for me today. i am given a quote of $520 to have the rear balljoints replaced with Moog parts, and alignment done (an extra $80 if i needed new rear toe adjustment collars, total $600). obviously i cant have that done right away because 1)i have to go to work after 2)i wasnt ready to fork over $500+ at the time. i was charged $25 plus tax for the inspection, which was fair and i gladly paid. i tell dale and darryl i will have to reschedule, and check out prices from dealer, and other closer by places.
- rear balljoints $128
- alignment $60
- balljoint install ~$270
- taxes ~$64
- rear toe collars incl install, if needed $80

dale then goes off about how if i got the balljoints done elsewhere, he would charge me the full rate for the alignment. told me that a customer had 'the nerve' to bring his car back for alignment after they diagnosed worn balljoints (im assuming he paid the inspection fee as well). i was not happy with the way this transpired, as i paid for the inspection and that's what i got. if i want to take my car elsewhere to do the balljoints, i should be free to do so without any obligation to have them done at dale's. the balljoints dont 'seem' to require that much work, from what i've gathered so far. its something i can attempt to tackle at home, and save myself the 3-4 hours of estimated labour at $80/hr. oem rear balljoints are $30us a piece from partznet, and about $65cdn each from local dealer after the club discount. i was offered a reimbursement of the $25 inspection fee if i had them do my balljoints.

at this point, i will not be going back to dale's for the balljoints OR the alignment. i'd rather save the 40 minute drive each way and pay a few more bucks as what i spend on gas to dale's will more or less make it end up costing the same. i hope that having jason there would have been different, so i would like to give the benefit of the doubt. as jason wasnt there, i did not mention a club discount or anything of that sort to dale or darryl, since i dont know if jason had made any prior arrangements with either of them.
Ron
-lover of MR2's
UFO
Grandfather '2

Postby immorality » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:54 am

Wow, I had my own issues with them, but not like that.
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Postby Variance » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:05 pm

immorality wrote:Wow, I had my own issues with them, but not like that.

discuss.

I'm a bit weary to travel so far now... :(
Richard
'94T. ARC Equipped - "wonders assembiled project"
Variance
Papa '2

Postby dutch » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:20 pm

personally, i wouldnt goto anybody but jason. he is really really good imo. i cant speak about anybody else there.
dutch
Papa '2

Postby Dustin » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:34 pm

I've dealt with Jason a couple times so far and he's been awesome; but I also should say that both Darryl and Dale I've talked to for long stretches while I waited for Jason to finish with other customers and they both were awesome to talk to.

I'll be going back to Dale's for the next car, but I think people should read what Ron and Russ have to say and keep it in mind too
Dustin
Grandfather '2

PreviousNext

Return to BCMR2 Sponsors