NEW Leather Interior includes Both seats, and door inserts

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Postby Dano » Sat May 24, 2003 4:23 pm

I got my cloth seats recovered in leather last March by Tommy's Upholstery in Victoria for $1350 so $850 including door panels is a fantastic price. Tommy's did a better than factory job and I got lots of compliments at SW2003. Tommy's is one of the Islands leading upholstery shops and the same guy has owned it for over 25 years. They get lots of Harley guys come over from Van. for custom bike seats. It will be interesting to compare quality. Even tho I love my new seats, I doubt that they will compare in value to $850 seats and door panels.
Yellow '93 MR2T
Red '88 Celica turbo 4wd
Red '91 Dodge turbo diesel 4X4 pick-up
Dano
Baby '2

Postby drscam » Sun May 25, 2003 1:49 am

I will hopefully have my leather done in time for BC2003. You will be able to see the quality at that time. I am having trouble getting the shop to keep to there $850 price installed in only one colour no options. I wil keep at it; trust me!
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby MonKeY NutZ » Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:20 am

drscam wrote:I will hopefully have my leather done in time for BC2003. You will be able to see the quality at that time. I am having trouble getting the shop to keep to there $850 price installed in only one colour no options. I wil keep at it; trust me!

How much extra for two colors?
MonKeY NutZ
Papa '2

Postby RobM » Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:13 am

im thinking of redoing my stock seats now instead of buying racing seats..... I cant afford it right now.. but im so damn interested! keep me informed aly
88 lx coupe 5.0 -- 5 spd.
ST 2.5"- 3" drop - BBK 2.5" exhaust BBK equal length shorties - BBK CAI - Holley exhaust Dumps - BBK Pulleys -14" promotive electric fan - Hurst Line Loc -Kirkey aluminum racing seats - Autometer - B&M - Grant
RobM
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:04 am

MonKeY NutZ wrote:How much extra for two colors?

I am not sure; We can ask when you are ready.

RobM wrote:im thinking of redoing my stock seats now instead of buying racing seats..... I cant afford it right now.. but im so damn interested! keep me informed aly

It would be cheaper for you to buy tthe race seats at the price you were quoted than to have your interior re-wrapped in leather. Then again... You are a MKI; I have no idea what this will cost. The price would be close though depending on options you choose.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby podgers » Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:01 pm

Well all along I said by the end of the summer I'd be ready to go for this and while I suppose there's still a possibility the money probably isn't going to be there. Too many projects on the go!

Still, depending on if I can see someone's car with this done I could still go ahead.

Also, I would be willing to be the guinea pig on this if it can wait and no one is ready by the new year.
podgers
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:58 pm

I too was hoping to have this done to my car by BC2003. It now looks like MonKeY NutZ will be the guniea pig.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby Chrome » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:53 pm

Just curious whether this thing could still happen at some point, or if its dead...? If its still alive, has anyone done this yet?

Didn't want to say anything before getting a car, but now that I've got one, I would be interested in something like this...like most people thought, money is a little tight so I wouldn't be seriously looking at it until around October, when I return from vacation.

Did have one question... I'm curious if we could get the MR2 logo embroidered with the body color (in my case yellow) without actually having to pay for the second color option?

mike
Chrome
Baby '2

Previous

Return to General Shop