Indiglo or Reverse Indiglo guages in KPH

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Postby drscam » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:15 am

Landon_F wrote:I'm pretty sure Aly is just using that gauge as an example.
That looks like a Honda gauge cluster to me.

Thanks Landon. You are correct. This was just an example for colour purposes. This is not the exact cluster. We can have any cluster you wish made in KPH..we just require 20 people to want them as the supplier needs to make it worthwhile for them to make it.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby sean » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:43 pm

Obviously since this would be a new guage for them to make they don't have a picture of one yet. They will look like our stock guages, be white or silver in the day, and reverse indiglo. This is what I'm interested in anyway. If we get serious, and have the interest to make this happen, I'll inquire about more detail. At this point, I'm judging if there is enough interest to pursue this.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
sean
Grandfather '2

Postby podgers » Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:44 pm

sean wrote:Obviously since this would be a new guage for them to make they don't have a picture of one yet. They will look like our stock guages, be white or silver in the day, and reverse indiglo. This is what I'm interested in anyway. If we get serious, and have the interest to make this happen, I'll inquire about more detail. At this point, I'm judging if there is enough interest to pursue this.

once again I had missed something. White or silver in the day and reverse indiglo at night, in kph. This is exactly what I would be looking for as well, so it's nice that I'm looking for the same thing as the guy organizing the group buy.

Consider me a confirmed buy when the time comes to count the # of people in.
podgers
Papa '2

Postby kungfucop » Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:32 pm

Besides the difference in gauge faces between MKI and MKII, keep in mind that there may be slight differences between 91-92 and 93 gauge faces. From what I've heard the odometer and/or tripmeter alignment between 91-92 vs 93 is different. So you will need they to make a different die depending on the year of the vehicle and if it is NA, turbocharged, etc.
- Jeff
Pale Yellow 91T
kungfucop
Baby '2

Postby heebeejeebee » Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:51 pm

As far as i know... for the 93's the "holes" for the trip meter and the odometer are a bit bigger. so if the gauges are made for a 91, all you gotta do is trim the holes a bit more so that they fit properly. I'd also be interested in a set of reverse indiglos in kph.
heebeejeebee
Baby '2

Postby sean » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:18 pm

if the holes are just a touch bigger, why not just make them for the 93, and have a small black ring on the 91-92? that way they're round on all of them, and they all fit without modification. I will be looking at this very soon. Again, right now, just really guaging interest. Seems there is going to be plenty.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
sean
Grandfather '2

Postby pizzaMR2 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:36 pm

A site I found which sells the Indiglo gauges...

http://www.itsrealstuff.com/html/toyota_gauges.html

tooo bad there's no reverse gauges
pizzaMR2
Papa '2

Postby heebeejeebee » Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:13 am

I'm cool with the gauges being made for the 93 turbos, I have a 93 also 8)
heebeejeebee
Baby '2

Postby drscam » Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:13 am

heebeejeebee wrote:I'm cool with the gauges being made for the 93 turbos, I have a 93 also 8)

Yay another 1993 MR2. Does this mean you are in for the GB on these gauges? We require a strong commintment before placing an order.

Right now we are just obtaing an estimate to see how much interest there is out there.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby heebeejeebee » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:09 am

Depending on the number of other people involved, i'd be in.
heebeejeebee
Baby '2

Postby drscam » Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:16 pm

heebeejeebee wrote:Depending on the number of other people involved, i'd be in.

We need 20 people (Canada wide) to make this happen. I am assuming you wish to be included. Post again only if you do not wish to be on the list.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby sean » Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:20 am

I am going to be out of town on business this week. Drscam will be watching this thread. Upon return I will investigate the difference between the 91 and 93 guages and see if we can work out a simple solution so they'll work for both. I know we can get 20 people if this happens.
sean
Grandfather '2

Postby yellowMR2turbo » Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:23 pm

i just bought reverse indiglo guage for my car but there in mph. if you can get them in kph i will definitly buy a set.
yellowMR2turbo

Postby podgers » Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:28 pm

SEAN! SEAN! SEAN! SEAN!

We're all rootin for ya buddy. Bring home the guages!
podgers
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:35 am

Sean, you may want to tally the interested parties from both CDN IMOC and here.....you have to be close now.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

PreviousNext

Return to General Shop