Indiglo or Reverse Indiglo guages in KPH

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Indiglo or Reverse Indiglo guages in KPH

Postby sean » Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:07 pm

Ok, I know I'm not the only one who wants these.

If you guys are interested, I'll post this again. If you can find 20 people, who are willing to pay $70 US, you can get any guages, reverse indiglo, or regular, made for your car. This means, if you have 20 people who want reverse indiglo in KPH, you can get them. I want this done for MK2 turbo. Anyone interested?

Come on, we only need 20 people per car.

I've also emailed them to see if we can reduce the price if we get a big group buy going. Please post if seriously interested, and post on what you're looking for, generation, and reverse indiglo, or regular.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
sean
Grandfather '2

Postby drscam » Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:14 pm

I still like the look of the OEM gauges. Also this would mean further money spent as I would have to change my boost gauge as well so it wold match.

I reserve the right to change my mind after I see Sean's gauges installed.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby podgers » Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:22 pm

I checked out the site. I would echo Drscam's sentiments. I'll say this: I like guage A in pizza's thread. Is that what you'd be going for? Price would be a big factor for me obviously.

I'll see how things develop...
podgers
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:51 pm

podgers17 wrote:Price would be a big factor for me obviously.

I'll see how things develop...

The gauges will look very similar to the one's PIZZA has posted (Sean will post pics later tonight). and the price is $70USD.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby pizzaMR2 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:06 pm

If you can get a set made for the MKI..and also in KPH
then i'm in..
but the site i found is the ~~only~~ one in 6 months i know to make it for the 86-89 mr2 (n/a)
pizzaMR2
Papa '2

Postby sean » Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm

pics are on the site, and the whole point of this thread was that they'll make any guages you want, as long as you get 10 people together so they can justify making the dies. They will do indiglo or reverse indiglo. Check the pics on the site. They will most likely be a direct look alike to stock guages, but done in reverse indiglo. And as it's been posted twice now, they're $70. Expect that. I'm just gonna see if I get a bunch of people interested if I can get the price dropped at all.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
sean
Grandfather '2

Postby pizzaMR2 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:58 pm

Currently I have a gb going w/ www.speedhut.com
They are only for the 86-89 mki n/a

Even if you get 10 people..will they make the gauge for both models? (MKI and MKII)
pizzaMR2
Papa '2

Postby sean » Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:12 pm

they got back to me. It will require more to do them in KPH. The more people we get they cheaper they'll be, but we will need 20 people to make the $70 US mark. These are a custom part. Nobody else makes them, as far as I know. Currently they only offer guages in MPH, and these would be a full custom order. I am willing to work it out with them, but we will need at least 20 people per model to make this go through.

If you have started the GB, it is in MPH. I will work out the details if we are interested in doing KPH. Just post here if you're interested.
sean
Grandfather '2

Postby podgers » Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:54 pm

sorry I saw the $70USD on the site but missed it here in this thread! Yes for that price you bet your ass I'm in. oldsnail has miles on his guages, and I know he wants a replacement, come on man.

there's two, sean's 3, aly maybe, and as you say many people want these.

20 is doable I think!

As for the design I'll conform to the will of the majority, but the reverse indiglo appeals to me. White background in the day is cool as well.

EDIT: I realise white background is not necessarily part of the deal (at least if they're doing just like stock but with the reverse indiglo), I'm just saying what I like.
podgers
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:27 pm

20 is doable especially if we take this queest national. We would require 20 Turbos and 20 N/A's for Oldsnail to jump in.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby podgers » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:07 pm

^
Good point about Oldsnail.

Well I'm a confirmed assuming we get what we want. I guess I'll hold off on buying a boost guage then until we know exactly what we'll get. Sean is it safe to say we'll be getting black background, reverse indiglo lighting up?
The longer I drive without knowing what boost I'm hitting I'm losing weeks on my life projection. And I'd like to turn down the MBC.
podgers
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:17 pm

podgers17 wrote:Sean[/b] is it safe to say we'll be getting black background, reverse indiglo lighting up?

Yeah..those are them..same as I posted above.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby podgers » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:38 pm

^
It's just that the ones pizza posted were white background.

Well this makes my boost guage purchase easy then, I'm just going to get the exact same one you have!

EDIT: wait a minute no I won't. Off to Autometer's website to look for a reverse indiglo...
podgers
Papa '2

Postby pizzaMR2 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:47 pm

drscam wrote:Image

What year does that fit?

the gas gauge is on the other side for the mki

I just checked w/ my car...
the gauges are not in order..but rpm guage is way too different
pizzaMR2
Papa '2

Postby Landon_F » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:59 pm

I'm pretty sure Aly is just using that gauge as an example.
That looks like a Honda gauge cluster to me.
Landon_F
Baby '2

Next

Return to General Shop