Teulene for $2.00 a litre :)

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Teulene for $2.00 a litre :)

Postby MonKeY NutZ » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:51 pm

I was looking for a good way too raise my octane and teulene looks like the way to go (besides water injection). I can get it for 2.00 a litre. Is that a good deal? If i buy more i could get a better discount. Anyone want some? I have to get 4 gallons every time i order it and i have to wait up to 2 weeks. I have to rebuild my engine so im gonna see how it does on my engine right now. Anyone ever had any problems with this stuff?
MonKeY NutZ
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:31 pm

Can you tell me how and what teulene does to increase octane levels? Also why would one require to increase octane above 94 unless one is racing? Please excuse my ignorance.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby MonKeY NutZ » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:28 am

drscam wrote:Can you tell me how and what teulene does to increase octane levels? Also why would one require to increase octane above 94 unless one is racing? Please excuse my ignorance.

Acctually the main reason was that i want to go down to cali in a month or 2 and ive heard that they have max 91 octane. In that heat my car would be detonating so bad that i would just turn back. Teulene is acctaully what you can normaly find in octane boosters. So hey, why pay $15 for an acctaully usefull octane booster when i can make my own.

Take a look at this:

Mixtures with 92 Octane Premium
10%...........94.2 Octane
20%...........96.4 Octane
30%...........98.6 Octane

You could also mix teulene with xylene which gets you the 'race formula' with octane boosters:

Mixtures with 92 Octane Premium
10%...........94.5 Octane
20%...........97.0 Octane
30%...........99.5 Octane

There is a really good mix i found thats an octane booster, cleaning agent and lubricating agent:

128 oz = 1 gal

100 oz of toulene for octane boost
25 oz of mineral spirits (cleaning agent)
3 oz of transmission fluid (lubricating agent)

I have to rebuild my engine so i was thinking i might as well try it. Ive been reading about it and if you usually go over %20 to around %30 your probably going to blow your engine. if it blows my engine, well hey ;)
MonKeY NutZ
Papa '2

Postby sean » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:39 am

it is used quite often by americans. Some add it to every tank. Not only that, but Cali's 91 octane isn't even as good as our 91. So anything to bump the octane is a good idea. I have a feeling their cars might have been tuned different out of the factory. Bao's car can run on lower octane gas with no issues at all (US motor from the swap) where as mine or Alys run like crap.

On a side note, I've never heard of anyone here using it. Look on IMOC and do a search. It's all over the place there.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
sean
Grandfather '2

Postby MonKeY NutZ » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:09 pm

When i first bought my car i tried 91 octane. It drive so bad it wasnt even funny. It was almost like it had no power at all. Then a couple of days later i put in 94 and it drives rock solid ever since. It is a little more exspensive to go for 94 (around $4 more than medium) but in the end it doesnt cost that much. I dont get while people bitch about gas prices - we get a lot beter prices here than in europe and africa (trust me, ive been there many times and have friends there with cars that take a lot of gas). i can afford the extra 5 bucks a tank. Im not rich or anything but hey, id rather spend my time driving my car than bitching about how much it costs. my 0.02
MonKeY NutZ
Papa '2

Postby LittleDragon » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:39 pm

You're going to try to cross the border with at least 5 gallons of flamable solvent? Good luck :p
It says it takes about 10% to bump 92 octane to 94 and I know it takes 4-5 tanks of gas to get to california so you'll need about 30 liters just to get down... what about on the way up? That's 60 liters! You're gonna be held by US customs and immigrations.
LittleDragon
Grandfather '2

Postby Djmare » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:27 am

what? you guys don't have a switch on your dash that lets you run regular fuel? too bad.

how about aviation fuel? anyone try that before?
SuperRed 89 Supercharger
Djmare
Junior '2

Postby MonKeY NutZ » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:35 am

LittleDragon wrote:You're going to try to cross the border with at least 5 gallons of flamable solvent? Good luck :p
It says it takes about 10% to bump 92 octane to 94 and I know it takes 4-5 tanks of gas to get to california so you'll need about 30 liters just to get down... what about on the way up? That's 60 liters! You're gonna be held by US customs and immigrations.

i just want to get to 94 octane. I have a whole wack of octane booster bottles and thats essentially what it is. I could also just get a racing gas tank and put it in so it looks like its my tank. Otherwise my car is going to ping like a bitch. I could easily find some down in the states too.
MonKeY NutZ
Papa '2

Postby Spyder » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:11 pm

Y dont you just turn down you boost/timing, and not worry about this at all... seems like a big hassle to me.
Racing is the only real sport, all others require only one ball.
Spyder
Junior '2

Postby MonKeY NutZ » Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:15 pm

Spyder wrote:Y dont you just turn down you boost/timing, and not worry about this at all... seems like a big hassle to me.

ever driven down to california? The wide open roads get me as giddy as a school girl :D
MonKeY NutZ
Papa '2

Return to General Shop