BC2004 - What a **great** event!!

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

BC2004 - What a **great** event!!

Postby MR2WSN » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:09 pm

I've been at the BCMR2 club meets leading up to BC2004 over the past 3 years. This one was the very best of them all - and each one has been better than the last!!

My personal thanks and congratulations to the BCMR2 exec on a superb meet. There is not a single thing I didnt like. The S&S was well organized, and carefully judged. The Poker Run was a truly enjoyable ride, taking us through some of the finest driving in the lower mainland. The BBQ was had excellent food and conversation, and the awards time was handled in the best way imaginable. Without our great sponsors, I'm sure the meet would not have reached the heights it has.

Thanks go to our judges who spent so much time under a very hot sun to evaluate all the truly excellent rides. Its a tough job on a sunny summer day, and without your help we'd have been in huge trouble.

BCMR2 is a super club, and the organization and execution of this years Saturday events were best in class. All four of us (in 2 MR2's) thought this was a very good and fun day.

Thanks guys. You've done a sterling job, and its very much appreciated.

Don
87 MR2 NA Midnight Blue T-Top Project Car
87 MR2 NA Midnight Blue NEXT Project Car
http://www.user.dccnet.com/middleton/mr2.htm
MR2WSN
Papa '2

Postby Mr_2.2 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:24 am

This was definitely a great event, i really enjoyed everything about it
from the poker run to the show and shine :)

thanks to the exec team for putting such a great event together, it made me enjoy my mr2 more and after seeing all these great mr2s' , i now want to take mine a step further for next year :D
sorry i cant come to autocross...(really REALLy want to but something came up)

thanks again guys, this was truely a great event
93' 5s-fe N/A To Turbo Conversion
Mr_2.2
Junior '2

Postby Pizan » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:27 am

I too had a great time!!!! Thanks to everyone who made it such a great success. You can defeinately count me in for next year.
Pizan
Baby '2

thanks

Postby Narfy » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:50 pm

i felt the weekend events were extremely well organized, and a great thanks goes out to everyone who organized this... our executive members deserve our gratitude for providing us with a fun, eventful, unforgettable experience... truly amazing... thank you...

we also have to thank ALL the club sponsors for all their generous prizes... the exhaust system was truly a great prize... something 2-yota will remember...

the show and shine was excellent... not quite the turnout i had hoped for... but still excellent... the cars were extremely nice, and being a judge, these nice cars made it EXTREMELY difficult for anyone to judge... i had such a difficult time with my fellow judges deciding on a score...

i'm sorry i missed the poker run... i was far too tired to even think about driving all afternoon... the bbq was great... great food, great friends, great company, great conversation, great weather, great place, great prizes, great everything!!

the autoX was good... could use a "little" room for improvement, but otherwise, great...

thanks a lot everybody...
i eat waaaaay too much sushi...
2nd place best stock MKI at BC2004...
fng@regencyauto.com
Narfy
BCMR2 Sponsor

Postby immorality » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:21 pm

Another great event from our executive commitee, good work guys we truely appreciate all the time and effort you guys put in :D :!:
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Postby dutch » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:51 pm

immorality wrote:Another great event from our executive commitee, good work guys we truely appreciate all the time and effort you guys put in :D :!:

you did alot of work yourself there man :) thanks for doing the tech inspections today as well as hauling around different items.
dutch
Papa '2

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:02 am

:x i wish i could have been there!
Mike Lane
www.mr2boards.com Administrator
Mike
Junior '2

BC2004 Was GREAT!!!

Postby petesmr2 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:29 am

Got lots of pics from the Show & Shine, as well as the Auto-X. Will post a link to them soon, once I sort them out.

Many thanks to the BCMR2 executive for all their efforts in pulling off this event. From this member's point-of-view, your sleepless nights, and personal sacrifices were well worth it. Everybody seemed to really enjoy themselves. Kudos to all of you!

Looking forward to BC2005

Pete
petesmr2
Junior '2

Postby drscam » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:25 am

Thanks for the complements. We will open a feedback forum shortly and we would like your critique on how to improve for next year.

I had far more fun this year (2-less) then last year with my MR2 (This seems weird for me too)

Our sponsors are the best!! Without their generocity and support our prizes would not be here. This year was unique as everyone walked away with a prize. We have been contancting sponsors since February to make this possible.

These events are all about you, the participants. Without your enthusiasm and support we could not and would not host another.

THANK YOU
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby blueroo » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:45 pm

I saw lots of cameras and video cameras at the Auto cross. I'm really keen on getting some of the photos of my car, and especially some of the video of my car around the track. Anyone? :)
--
Benjamin Krueger

Your friendly neighbor to the south!
blueroo

Postby sean » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:15 pm

As expected you guys pulled off another awsome event. It was great to get out again and see everyone. Been far too long. I was really able to appreciate the event this year just being a participant.

Organization was great, all events seemed to go off without a hitch. Can't wait to check out the pics.

Hey RePete, you got a vid together yet? Just buggin, I know it'll take a bit to edit it all.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
sean
Grandfather '2

Postby drscam » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:20 pm

I missed you too, Mikey.

Sean, It is always nice to see your smiling face behind the wheel of a real car. ;)

I met a lot of great people this weekend and have made many lifelong friends through this MR2 Organization. It is going to be hard to leave you all.

I will try my hardest to post here on a somewhat frequent basis from Afghanistan; however, nowhere close to the amount as before.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby RePete » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:27 pm

sean wrote:Hey RePete, you got a vid together yet? Just buggin, I know it'll take a bit to edit it all.

Yeah, it'll take me a while. I saw a few video cameras too, I hope they post their stuff before mine. I've got a bunch of shots to go through. Maybe I'll just post it with no tricks.

C'mon macatac, you got some great shots - can you post them?

Aly, I never said g'bye! Good luck to you and I hope you don't get a purple heart. :wink:
RePete
Grandfather '2

Postby Russ B. » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:32 pm

I wish I was there too. Did anyone use my registration as a late entry? If not I wouldn't mind a t-shirt...

I'm glad everything went well. Let's see more pics people.
I'll try to make it out next time.
Russ B.

'87 Silver & Blue, Hardtop, N/A, 6-speed
Russ B.
Junior '2

Postby RePete » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:48 pm

Here's a small sample of Day 1 of BC2004. Day 2 and Day 3 to come but you gotta give me more time! I gotta day job ya know! :P

(8.5MB)*

:Sun: <-- click 'em if ya know what's good for ya!

* butt shot used with permission! :twisted:
RePete
Grandfather '2

Next

Return to BC2004 Archive