Who wants a cheap 1991 MKII NA to Turbo Swap Project Car...

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Who wants a cheap 1991 MKII NA to Turbo Swap Project Car...

Postby MR2MK1SC » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:38 pm

Ok, I don't know this guy that well, but he was a previous member of BCMR2 (back in the day). He is selling his 1991 NA with a blown motor, but has a replacement turbo engine ready to go in.

If you are interested, please contact him directly (kurtis - kurtissubramani007@hotmail.com), as I have NOTHING to do with this sale!!!

- D

My name's kurtis and I have a yellow/orange mr2. I was in the mr2 club back when aidan was involved... my car had the yellow andblack interior and I had volk wheels on it at the time...I'm selling my car but it's a project cuz I just forked out the dough fer school and lost my job at the same time so I can't afford to fix it and sell it or keep it which is what i'd like to do...like I said it's a project car and that's because I had a turbo motor waiting for swap and I blew the NA motor....

Details:
---------
91 mr2 NA chassis has 186,000kms
- custom sunburst yellow paint
- molded 91 fromt bumper
- shaved side moldings
- molded rear spoiler
- side marker lamps
- jdm clear corner front indicator lenses
- jdm side marker solid molding
- jdm tail-light conversion
- yellow/black vinyl leather interior (re-covered seats/side panels)
- instrument cluster/radio panel/shifter panel painted to match exterior paint
- monroe shock inserts with intrax 1.5" drop springs
- steel rims with yokohama rubber( 50-60% tread)
- no stereo

91 3s-gte Turbo motor
- pulled from car with 86,000kms
- engine/tranny/ecu/driveshafts/full wiring harness/dash guage cluster
- I have everything to complete a NA to turbo swap except for the rear hubs and knuckles from a turbo because the turbo ones are slightly larger then then NA ones and the driveshafts won't fit. I have spoken with jason lee (blue mk1 s/c) and he said it might be possible to modify the NA hubs and knuckles to fit.
- The motor is being stored at jason lee's garage and he said it ran strong
but he recommends new seals and things that should be replaced anyway since the motor's out like the clutch/timing belt/ and things liek the water pump are up to whoever buys it but if you can your better off replacing it while the motor's out... he said at least the toyota gasket and seal kit should be done.

Now for the price... I probably got 22k+ into this car but i'm kind of eager
to sell so i'm asking $10k or any reasonable offer... to get this car on the road you'd need to invest about 3-4k in parts and labour. With that being said i'm taking offers and just putting it out there because I need to sell it as soon as possible.

- Kurtis (kurtissubramani007@hotmail.com)
Danny Revelant
'89 MR2 SC
MR2MK1SC
Grandfather '2

Return to MKII Specific Shop