Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

WTB '93 plus 15inch wheels

Postby sprinterkb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:06 pm

I'm needing to borrow or purchase a set of good stock wheels for my '93T
PM me with details
RedLeader
93T "RedLeader" 18 Prime hypersonic Red
2nd place mark 2 2013 Tfest
OnlyToyota's in my garage! (Lastchance Garage)
sprinterkb
Papa '2

Re: WTB '93 plus 15inch wheels

Postby 2-yota » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:35 pm

Emailed you.
-Ed
Black MR2 Turbo
2-yota
Papa '2

Postby Bravo 5 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:52 pm

If you want them just for the pictures for collector plates, you can use mine. You could swap the wheels out in front of my house then take the pictures then put them right back on. My car is just sitting in the driveway anyways and I'm closer to you than Ed is.

I'm in Walnut Grove, north Langley around the corner from Duncan. Come by and see the MR2 collectable museum!
1985 MR2, 1989 SC, 1991 n/a
Collector of MR2 memorabilia
Bravo 5
Grandfather '2

Postby adam » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Bravo 5 wrote:If you want them just for the pictures for collector plates, you can use mine. You could swap the wheels out in front of my house then take the pictures then put them right back on. My car is just sitting in the driveway anyways and I'm closer to you than Ed is.

I'm in Walnut Grove, north Langley around the corner from Duncan. Come by and see the MR2 collectable museum!

Dan do you know if ICBC requires you to leave the vehicle in the status it was while registered with collectors insurance? I’m worried that I register with my OEM wheels but void my insurance if I switch to something that doesn’t qualify?
I barely drive my car, so collector insurance is really attractive.
adam
Grandfather '2

Postby Bravo 5 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:07 pm

adam wrote:
Bravo 5 wrote:If you want them just for the pictures for collector plates, you can use mine. You could swap the wheels out in front of my house then take the pictures then put them right back on. My car is just sitting in the driveway anyways and I'm closer to you than Ed is.

Dan do you know if ICBC requires you to leave the vehicle in the status it was while registered with collectors insurance? I’m worried that I register with my OEM wheels but void my insurance if I switch to something that doesn’t qualify?
I barely drive my car, so collector insurance is really attractive.

That's a good question, I don't know. My guess is, ICBC being ICBC, is that they will do whatever it takes to deny your claim. If you can prove that your new wheels are still era correct you should be ok... but not without a fight from them.
1985 MR2, 1989 SC, 1991 n/a
Collector of MR2 memorabilia
Bravo 5
Grandfather '2

Postby adam » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:33 pm

Bravo 5 wrote:That's a good question, I don't know. My guess is, ICBC being ICBC, is that they will do whatever it takes to deny your claim. If you can prove that your new wheels are still era correct you should be ok... but not without a fight from them.

Yeah- I don’t trust anyone, especially insurance!
I need to find this before I get collector plates.
If it turns out okay, I’ll take pics with my OEM wheels.
adam
Grandfather '2

Return to MKII Specific Shop