FS: 1990 JDM gen 3 engine project car

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

FS: 1990 JDM gen 3 engine project car

Postby mapleridge818 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi guys. I've got a 90 RHD.
Here's the whole story on it. I bought it with a blown engine (N/A gen 2) The owner planned to put a gen 3 engine in it, but gave up on the project. I installed the gen 3/rev 3 engine. I put in a new OEM timing belt before the install. The car now runs, but it idles at 2000 rpm. I don't see a vacuum leak, so I'm not sure what it is. I'm not a wiring pro, so it could be wiring.
Also the fc open relay circuit isn't right. I can't figure it out. If I ground the relay, the fuel pump comes on, and the car runs, but if you have the ignition on, and the car isn't running, the fuel pump won't shut off if you leave it wired that way. You could leave it that way, but it isn't safe to have your fuel pump not shut off after 2 seconds of the car not running. Again, I'm 90% sure it's just the fact that I can't figure out the wiring for it.
The car is a 5 spd, but the engine came from an automatic, so it has an auto ECU running the engine, which could be the cause of my problems. I have a line on a 3rd gen manual ecu for $165.

Car has 134,000kms. 17 wheels. Hood needs painting as it is peeling, but I am an automotive painter if you want to work out a deal. It has an alarm. No sunroof/t tops. PW PDL. It has a CD player, but I never got the faceplate for it.
I planned to finish this job, clean up the paint a bit, and have a fun car, but I've sold my house, and I'm moving to Vancouver island in mid July. I need to get rid of the car by then. I'm going to continue working on the car, in hopes that I can solve the issues, but I thought maybe someone wants to save some money and finish the project themselves. Again, it runs, and can be driven, but I don't like to run it for more than a couple minutes with it's high idle.

I paid $2500, and put lots of time and about $600 into it for the timing belt, down pipe etc. My loss. I'll take $2500 firm for it as it is right now. As I get more work done on it, I'll want more money.

I'm in abbotsford.
mapleridge818

Re: FS: 1990 JDM gen 3 engine project car

Postby entrax » Thu May 26, 2016 2:34 pm

idle could be just the cable? there should be an adjuster on the TB as well.
entrax
Baby '2

Postby mapleridge818 » Fri May 27, 2016 4:57 pm

Throttle is full closed.
mapleridge818

Postby sprinterkb » Sat May 28, 2016 10:29 am

Vacume leak?
Try spraying wd40 or brake cleaner around the intake manifold and connections
Has to be after TB area.
Where in Abby are you? I might find time to come by and have a look.
RedLeader
93T "RedLeader" 18 Prime hypersonic Red
2nd place mark 2 2013 Tfest
OnlyToyota's in my garage! (Lastchance Garage)
sprinterkb
Papa '2

Postby mapleridge818 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:56 pm

Sold
mapleridge818

Return to MKII Specific Shop