FS: Short throw Shifter and TRD knob from MKII

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

FS: Short throw Shifter and TRD knob from MKII

Postby FrozenMR2 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi all,

I have a short throw shifter and TRD knob removed from my 1991 N/A.
Not sure if the shifter is a TRD unit or some other aftermarket brand.
Both in excellent shape and working when removed from the car. I'm restoring my 1991 back to "stock" so put in the original shifter and knob.

Offers?

bud
Bud
'91 MR2 NA - stock
'00 KLR650
'14 Elantra GT
FrozenMR2

Re: FS: Short throw Shifter and TRD knob from MKII

Postby mr2turbo3 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Just so you know that's a TRD shifter. You can tell cause the tab for the shifter cable points straight out while the 93+ shift lever tab goes downwards and also the length for the threads for the shift knob looks to be the correct length. You can see the comparisons here on post #25 of the shift levers: http://www.mr2.com/forums/threads/18797-MKII-Shifter-Comparisons-Now-with-pics!/page2?highlight=MKII+Shifter+Comparisons+-+Now+with+pics%21 (Sorry I'm at work now so I couldn't just post the pic).There are TRD replicas on ebay now though too so I could not tell you if it's authentic or not but if I were to guess I'd think it was probably authentic especially if you have the TRD ball knob and the TRD sticker with the shift pattern (Although you can buy that shift knob/sticker separately). Anways GLWS
mr2turbo3

Re: FS: Short throw Shifter and TRD knob from MKII

Postby FrozenMR2 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:25 am

Thanks - the little research that I did seemed to indicate that it was the actual TRD unit, but it was put in a while ago by the previous owner, so I can't be 100% certain.
It certainly fits perfectly with no issues around the boot or with the knob height/thread depth etc. The shift pattern sticker was either never attached, or has come off over the years.

Thanks again for the info. Hopefully there will be some interest, as I really have no use for it.

bud
Bud
'91 MR2 NA - stock
'00 KLR650
'14 Elantra GT
FrozenMR2

Return to MKII Specific Shop