drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby Jaysonn » Mon May 12, 2003 9:28 pm

Sorry guys aint' coming to this one.... I am in for whistler for sure though
91 Yellow N/A
Jaysonn
Junior '2

Postby drscam » Mon May 12, 2003 10:41 pm

Jaysonn wrote:Sorry guys aint' coming to this one.... I am in for whistler for sure though

That suxx dude...See you in Whistler. Mike Lane jammed as well. We will see him in Whistler as well.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Knox Mountain

Postby Dirk » Wed May 14, 2003 9:27 am

Hi all,

I've met some of you at various BC and regional events. It's awesome to see so many people interested in the Knox Mountain Hill Climb event. For those of you that have never attended, this is a must see at least once. You have not experienced grass-roots racing until you've seen a 450HP, VATN turbod, air-cooled bug motored, open-wheel one-off set records; or a triple cylinder, two-stroke, CVT open-wheeler run right behind the aforementioned; or V8 powered MGBs; or how about a rotary 510; or ... or ... agh! Words fail me. I've been going to this event for quite a number of years, and it never fails to impress.

Though I guess I represent the "hosting" club, I get far too involved with the Hill Climb event itself to do much about organizing something for the club or visiting MR2 owners. However, I have planned for two small "meet and greets". Basically, my weekend looks like:

Friday 7:00pm: Wendy's 15-2070 Harvey Avenue. This is nearly across the highway from Orchard Park Mall if you know where that is. (Other OKMOC members may or may not show up.)

Saturday morning: Wolf (my brother) and myself (and possibly other OKMOC members) will be at the Knox Mountain Hill Climb event. If you're not sure where this is taking place, simply follow Ellis Street north till it ends - you can't miss it. While there, watch for a red/white/blue '85 in the pits and racing up the hill; that's Richard Jacyna from Penticton running his fully race-prepped, stock class MR2 (on all-seasons, no less). He's really friendly, so if you see him in the pits, say "hi". (I may be lending a hand if he needs help.)

Saturday 7:00pm: Boston Pizza 545 Harvey Avenue. There's a map to it on our site's Members page and select the (map) link. At this meet, we can discuss meeting Sunday evening for those staying through to Monday.

Sunday morning: Wolf and myself (and again, any number of OKMOC members), plus all you out-of-towners will be at the Knox Mountain event.

Notes:
- I like to get to the Knox Mountain event in the mornings (usually by 9:30 am). I usually spend some time wandering the pits, and start meadering up the hill by 11:00am, and tend to spectate until mid-afternoon. I don't tend to like climbing ALL the way up the hill, but occasionally make it up to turn 7 or so.
- At both Wendy's and Boston Pizza, we'll be sitting outside if the weather permits (right now, the weather forecast is, unfortunately, not particularly good for the weekend, but it seems to be improving - we'll see).

I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

Cheers!

Dirk Theurer
Okanagan MR2 Owners' Club
okmoc@deafwiggle.com
Dirk
Baby '2

Postby drscam » Wed May 14, 2003 11:28 pm

I am looking for A co-pilot (keep my costs down)to this weekend's Knox Run Meet. Failing this is there anyone (from those driving) wanting to split the cost of a room in Kelowna?
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby Mike » Fri May 16, 2003 12:49 am

drscam wrote:
Jaysonn wrote:Sorry guys aint' coming to this one.... I am in for whistler for sure though

Mike Lane jammed as well. We will see him in Whistler as well.

Sorry buddy :(

I am working saturday too, just like a suspected. Don't worry though, i have no plans for the 25th except to annoy you the whole way up to whistler ;)
Mike Lane
www.mr2boards.com Administrator
Mike
Junior '2

Postby drscam » Fri May 16, 2003 7:47 am

Mike wrote:Don't worry though, i have no plans for the 25th except to annoy you the whole way up to whistler ;)

Yay Me!!

Still looking for a co-pilot for this weekend.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby pizzaMR2 » Fri May 16, 2003 3:00 pm

Bad news

I too am out of this one.

I took my car to the shop to get the bumper and the front windsheild replaced...i did this last Thursday.

It's still not ready.
They called yesterday saying the bumper was JUST getting painted.
anyways..

this bites...
pizzaMR2
Papa '2

Postby Dirk » Fri May 16, 2003 3:01 pm

Well, it's getting closer! If at all possible, could I get an actual head count for Boston Pizza Saturday evening? As posted earlier, I'm expecting:

Kevin B
Randy H
Aly
Sean
Spyder?
Zeke (Maybe)
PizzaMR2
Spyder

However, I'm pretty sure that some of these will be carrying two people... (if I don't get any responses, I'm assuming 8 people).
Dirk
'93 JDM T (for sale)
'14 Scion FR-S
Dirk
Baby '2

Postby drscam » Fri May 16, 2003 7:13 pm

Dirk wrote:Well, it's getting closer! If at all possible, could I get an actual head count for Boston Pizza Saturday evening? As posted earlier, I'm expecting:

Kevin B
Randy H
Aly
Sean
Spyder?
Zeke (Maybe)
Spyder

However, I'm pretty sure that some of these will be carrying two people... (if I don't get any responses, I'm assuming 8 people).

as far as I know it will be the following people for BP:

Randy +1
Kevin +1
Aly +1

Leave room for 8 just in case. See you in Kelowna, Dirk.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby redtwo » Fri May 16, 2003 9:11 pm

Well, are you wankers or what? Bad weather scare you? How many of you are actually going to Knox? :x

8:30 AM leaving Tim Hortons so be there or stay home with your mommies.
1969 Sprinter w/4age
1991 MR2 Turbo
2011 Scion tC
Last Chance Garage
redtwo
Junior '2

Postby MR2MK1SC » Fri May 16, 2003 9:25 pm

Bad weather? I looked at theweathernetwork.com (http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/pages/cabc0149.htm) and it seems that the Okanagan (Kelowna specifically) is scheduled to have sun and cloud all weekend....Perfect driving weather!!!

Hope you all have fun guys!
- MR2MK1SC
Danny Revelant
'89 MR2 SC
MR2MK1SC
Grandfather '2

Postby drscam » Sat May 17, 2003 4:50 am

http://www.mytelus.com/weather/land_sea ... =&country=

IT is not much better in Harrison this weekend. (Have fun powerwashing, Danny)I wonder which weather network will be correct? Oh well. Knox here we come...
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby Dirk » Mon May 19, 2003 7:10 pm

I'd like to thank all of the lower mainland contingent that joined us for the 46th Annual Knox Mountain Hill Climb. Rather than repeating myself on this board, you can check out the 16, 17 & 18 May 2003 news item on our site.

As for what's not in the write-up...

A few people suggested we invite other PNW MR2 clubs to this event (we had a total of 23 MR2 owners and friends attend various functions throughout the weekend); I will definitely endeavor to organize things a bit more for next year, including inviting members from all the PNW clubs that I'm aware of (and take suggestions for clubs I'm _not_ aware of :wink: ). The 47th Annual Knox Mountain Hill Climb will likely include a (and/or be included in the existing) Show'N'Shine at the Knox facilities for MR2 attendees.

I should add that the only reason I didn't plan anything more than I did was because I focus my entire weekend around the hill climb, and thought that trying to organize additional stuff for the MR2 club(s) would infringe on that. I now know that the visiting MR2 enthusiasts only ADDED to my enjoyment of this event. I promise not to make this mistake(?) again.

Cheers!

Dirk Theurer
Okanagan MR2 Owners' Club
okmoc@deafwiggle.com
Dirk
Baby '2

Postby drscam » Mon May 19, 2003 10:30 pm

Dirk...

Thank you for planning a dinner for all the visiting MR2 owners. If you want this event to include other MR2 groups from the US and VIMOC...I can assist you in planning this a bit more for next year.

As for pix from this event.....stay tuned.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

PreviousNext

Return to All Past Events Archive