March 3-7 2004 - Be a tourist in your own town - VICTORIA,BC

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Postby drscam » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:50 am

oldsnail wrote:if u havent called that number i posted, i'll help u guys call sometime tommorw to see if there is a limited supply or not.

This would be a great help.

oldsnail wrote:at least there is a topic to talk abt for tommorow's meet.

Oh come on.. there has to be more to talk about than drscam and company coming to the big island for a visit.

oldsnail wrote:its not likely i will go to those attraction events, my parents bought one and they took the attractions. i just took the 2 for 1 tea. ..

Oh come on.. it'll be fun.

oldsnail wrote:have u guys decided what time u guys are coming and how long u are staying? i work long hours in the weekend, but if they dont colide, i'm down in the little meet.

I am leaving this to Taimur to decide upon.. he is in charge of booking the ferry ;)

Timmy, here is the smily I promised:

drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby drscam » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:51 am

podgers wrote:
I havn't bought a ticket yet but will if you guys are making it down.

Yeah we be coming to da big island yo.

See if Mantle and Chris and whomever else can make it.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby podgers » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:54 am

ummmm I'll try :D

Although Chris and I go way back to computer science 5 years ago we havn't seen each other since.

But yeah hopefully they can meet up.
podgers
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:29 am

Cool.. It'll be great to see you guys again.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby Holyrain » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:28 am

Hey Podgers, you better show up!!!! It would b cool to see you guys for sure. We will probably take a 4:00 ferry or something around there because we have some loser with us who actually believes his class is important. I will post here once I make a reservation. PM me or Scam your phone numbers, and we will give you a shout when we get off the ferry.
Holyrain
Papa '2

Postby oldsnail » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:16 pm

ok, you can purchase them by phone and pick them up @ the tourist center in victoria. it is located across from parliment buildings/ empress hotel.
phone: 250-953-2033
hours of operation 9-5

they can also be purchased at ANY BC loto kiosk in malls. mayfair/hillside/bay are the only complex that can carry the 'mall' name in victoria (close @9pm). . they can also be purchased at any A&W resturant in the surronding victoria area and Thrifty Food Grocery stores (close at 10pm).
they said there are plenty left, and will stop selling at the 5 or 6th. depending on the quantity .
Bright and yellow
--------------------

2002 EP3 K20A3
2002 P11 SR20DE
oldsnail
Papa '2

Postby Holyrain » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:12 pm

OK, I made the ferry reservation, it leaves from Twassen at 5:00pm, we have to be there by 4:30pm. We will reach Schwartz bay at 6:35pm Friday. Aly, you hit up an A&W and get 4 tickets, kool? Don't wolf down too many Mozza burgers while you are there. Then lets all try and decide which attractions we wanna see. If we feel we don't get enough in on Friday evening, we can always boot back to Viccy for Saturday morning and head home Saturday afternoon. Islanders, how long of a drive is it from Nanaimo to Vic?

What the heck is Centre of the Universe? Sounds interesting, something I would want to see. Also Miniature World and Pacific undersea gardens is catching my eye....
Holyrain
Papa '2

Postby oldsnail » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:42 pm

Holyrain wrote: Islanders, how long of a drive is it from Nanaimo to Vic?

What the heck is Centre of the Universe? Sounds interesting, something I would want to see. Also Miniature World and Pacific undersea gardens is catching my eye....

going at the legal speed limit, its around a 2.5hr- 3 hr drive from downtown. i havent really explored there either. there is also a ferry from tawwasan to nanaimo.

center of the universe is where the observatory is. its somewhere in west saanich.

minature world, wax musueam, undersea garden, empress, bc royal museam are grouped together downtown.
Bright and yellow
--------------------

2002 EP3 K20A3
2002 P11 SR20DE
oldsnail
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:10 pm

Holyrain..we need to discuss this further... call me.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby podgers » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:38 pm

Nanaimo/Vic is generally regarded as a 1 hour and change drive.... That's not even speeding too excessively so Alex I think you're mistaken.

I will show up for sure even if Oldsnail and Mantle are letting us down. My phone # is 885-4453. Let's set up a meeting place or something for 7:30 or maybe a little earlier (coming off the 5 ferry you'll hit hit victoria around 7:10).
podgers
Papa '2

Postby oldsnail » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:11 pm

podgers wrote:Nanaimo/Vic is generally regarded as a 1 hour and change drive.... That's not even speeding too excessively so Alex I think you're mistaken.

I will show up for sure even if Oldsnail and Mantle are letting us down. My phone # is 885-4453. Let's set up a meeting place or something for 7:30 or maybe a little earlier (coming off the 5 ferry you'll hit hit victoria around 7:10).

i dont go there often, but the distance betweeen victoria and nanamo is 113kms.. and speed limit is around 70-90km depending on which section of the highway its on.. sorry for the misleading information.

it sucks that i have to work... slave of money i am..
Bright and yellow
--------------------

2002 EP3 K20A3
2002 P11 SR20DE
oldsnail
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:43 pm

podgers wrote:Nanaimo/Vic is generally regarded as a 1 hour and change drive.... That's not even speeding too excessively so Alex I think you're mistaken.

We will call you from the Ferry, James.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby podgers » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:03 pm

well I just bought my ticket for $9. I was going to buy for you guys but then remembered Alex posted the info on how to do it remotely, so maybe you'd already done that?

Here's the thing though, you won't make it into the city until after 7 Friday night, and all of these attractions close at 5 I think. You'll want to do all this saturday if you want to see miniature world and the wine tasting or the brewery, etc.

I'm still down for meeting you friday of course.
podgers
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:28 pm

We have not yet bought tickets yet... See you tomorrow, James.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Previous

Return to All Past Events Archive