All-Trac Meet Pics

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

All-Trac Meet Pics

Postby 2-yota » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:09 am

Well, I had fun! It was really really foggy up at the top of Cypress. Makes it exciting because you couldn't see the edge of the cliff.

-Ed
Black MR2 Turbo
2-yota
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:26 am

Did that Celica (White) in the last picture lose his rear bumper during the meet? If so, how? Is the driver okay?

As usual, Nice pics Ed.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

re:

Postby 2-yota » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:38 am

First off as much as I'd like to take credit, I didn't bring a camera with me so those were pictures taken by one of the Celica guys!

We were at the base of Cypress and I was following LittleDragon. The accident happened at the first right hand corner at the bottom of the hill before the ascend. There were 3 All-Trac's in front of us and the lead car was going pretty quick. From the story I heard, apparently the second car in line slowed down mid-way in the corner, while the third car behind started sliding ... and so apparently he sacrificed himself by pulling the e-brake to avoid hitting the car in front ... and off into the ditch he went ... being a 4WD, he drove himself back out of the ditch but he had lost his rear bumper as it had clipped onto something during the accident. When LittleDragon and I got to the turn, we just saw the Alltrac on the other side of the road driving himself out between some trees with no bumper on! Otherwise, no other damage!
-Ed
Black MR2 Turbo
2-yota
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:46 am

At least the driver was okay....We have to take note of these accidents at car meets. Yeah driving fast is fun....however it still sucks with outcomes like this....
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby Newbie » Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:50 pm

Wow, another car in the ditch...

Is there any pics of us mr2's? I knew Aly shouldn't have forgotten his camera!
"In almost any situation, the MR2 feels as though its on your side, and you have to make some fairly flamboyant mistakes with the brakes and steering wheel to have it get away from you. Its a superb-handling car."
R&T Article-1987
Junior '2

Postby drscam » Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:00 pm

jiMR2 wrote:Wow, another car in the ditch...

Is there any pics of us mr2's? I knew Aly shouldn't have forgotten his camera!

Damn...I cannot believe I forgot it either. I think Jeff to a few pics...I do not think his camera was digital and threfore we have to wait the developing lag time.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby Newbie » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:52 pm

Oh ok then, I'll let you off this time! But next time :twisted: *WOOPA!* :twisted: ---> :lol:
"In almost any situation, the MR2 feels as though its on your side, and you have to make some fairly flamboyant mistakes with the brakes and steering wheel to have it get away from you. Its a superb-handling car."
R&T Article-1987
Junior '2

Postby drscam » Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:27 pm

jiMR2 wrote:Oh ok then, I'll let you off this time! But next time :twisted: *WOOPA!* :twisted: ---> :lol:

I did not see you with a camera yesterday...
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby 2-yota » Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:29 pm

Here's a few more Pictures I found! Anyone have any pictures of the MR2's of that day?

-Ed
Black MR2 Turbo
2-yota
Papa '2

Postby Newbie » Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:31 pm

Well I think I can just make out drscam's car, and mine in that last pic there...we were sitting there for about ten minutes waiting to get our pics taken...
R&T Article-1987
Junior '2

Postby drscam » Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:41 am

jiMR2 wrote:Well I think I can just make out drscam's car, and mine in that last pic there...we were sitting there for about ten minutes waiting to get our pics taken...

Pics taken?? I was trying to hint to these people to hurry up...so we could go and eat!!
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Return to All Past Events Archive