Sept.26th-28th, 2003: Annual "2 the Beach" UPDATES

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Postby drscam » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:37 pm

sean wrote:well pick a time and let me know. Meeting at my place around 5ish is fine. Olympia from there is a few hours roughly.

I'd guess 8ish in Olympia.

5PM at Sean's place sounds good to me.

Ed and Randy we can meet in the US somewhere...

How about Bellis Fair in front of Red Robin?
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby 2-yota » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:25 pm

drscam wrote:How about Bellis Fair in front of Red Robin?

OK! That works for me.
-Ed
Black MR2 Turbo
2-yota
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:12 pm

2-yota wrote:
drscam wrote:How about Bellis Fair in front of Red Robin?

OK! That works for me.

Cool...we can figure out a time that works for all of us.... I am thinking 6PM at Bellis Fair.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby Lyle Beach » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:41 pm

Okay that sounds good to me too guys!

We will set for 8pm in Olympia

and that will be 1 hour from Olympia to Ocean Shores! Perfect!!

I was waiting for you guys since you are the furthest away.

I let the rest of the group know! Will post in a couple of days.
Lyle Beach
Baby '2

Postby drscam » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:28 pm

Lyle Beach wrote:Looks like we are going to have a good turn out for the 1st annual "2 the Beach"!!!

There are a few rooms left so if you have not made your reservations yet, you need to do so now!

The cut-off date where I have to release the rooms back to the hotel is Sept 19th

That means you only have 7 days to make your reservations and join us for this event!

I will be working at the hotel tonight (Thurdsday 11th) untill 11pm. Give me a call and I will make your reservations, or call if you have any questions!

1-800-757-7873

Thanks!

Lyle Beach

I cannot wait!! Come on BCMR2...there has to be other takers on such a fantastic venue for an MR2 event.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby Holyrain » Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:41 pm

Errrr, don't want to be a wet blanket thrower but Olympia is much farther than 2 hours from the border, in fact I am prety sure it is about 3.5+ hours(unles I am confusing Tacoma with Olympia) taking into consideration the traffic you will hit in Seattle. Just to give you a heads up.
Holyrain
Papa '2

Postby 2-yota » Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:45 pm

Well then, I guess we're just going to have to turn up the boost and do some "fun" driving to play the time onto our side. Why don't we take the backroads (Hwy 9 ?? ... didn't the US caravan take this route up to BC2003) and since we're a small group anyways, we won't have problems staying together under the spirited influence.
-Ed
Black MR2 Turbo
2-yota
Papa '2

Postby sean » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:00 pm

if you guys want to take a different route down, I'm game, but at that time in the evening, going through seatle shouldn't be too bad. But it is more then 2 hours south of the border. I think it's about an hour south of seatle which is 2 hours south of the border. 3 hours to olympia from border would be my guess.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
sean
Grandfather '2

Postby drscam » Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:44 am

2-yota wrote:Why don't we take the backroads (Hwy 9 ?? ... didn't the US caravan take this route up to BC2003) and since we're a small group anyways, we won't have problems staying together under the spirited influence.

I say we stick to I5. The Americans took the I9 shortkut :? and added 2-3 hours to their drive up north.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Olympia Weekend...Northwest MR2

Postby Stripe » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:51 pm

Deb and I are in too...but we will probably leave later than you all for the trip down Friday night. But we'll hook up with you all Saturday morning for whatever you have planned.

Sorry we missed BCMR2003...but we had some important guests here from Toronto.

Aly...can I pay for my membership renewal at the meet???? :D :BeerChug:
Stripe

Re: Olympia Weekend...Northwest MR2

Postby drscam » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:45 pm

Stripe wrote:Aly...can I pay for my membership renewal at the meet???? :D :BeerChug:

Sure can. See you there!!
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby drscam » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:36 pm

For those of you that were not fortunate enough to attend this fabulous event...well all I will say is that you missed out!!

Lyle... What can I say...For your first attempt at single handedly hosting an event of this magnetude...you did an amazing job. :BowDown:

For those that know how difficult it is to host a weekend meet of approx 20 MR2's is no easy task. Lyle did a great job and deserves many thanks. I look forward to next year and urge each and every BCMR2 Member to put next year on their calendar, once the dates have been released.

For now...here are a few pics to enjoy: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4 ... ion_page=Y
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby sean » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:17 am

Yeah, this meet was a blast. Weather couldn't have been nicer either.

Thanks, Lyle and all that attended.

PS, red cars aren't allowed to lead.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
sean
Grandfather '2

Postby Lyle Beach » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:22 pm

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the positive feedback!

Ali.... Thanks for all of your help and guidence... Thanks for the help with the bon fire too! That was a good time.

Randy.... Thank you for the Cubans! They were great! Thanks also for the jokes and the awesome company! I can't wait to see your pictures!!

Sean.... I found out that Sara, that works at the hotel... has the hots for you! lol

Ed.... Thank you for coming down! I hope you and your girlfriend had a wonderful time!

I gotta tell you, all of you from up North were awesome.... I can't wait till BC2004... I will probably be the first one to make reservations!

Actually, I hope that there is something else that we can get together for before then. You were all so nice, and fun!

I hope to talk to you again soon!

Cheers,
Lyle
Lyle Beach
Baby '2

Postby Stripe » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:43 pm

:yourock:

Just wanted to say Thank you to all the people who attended the 2 the Beach run...it was great!!!

Good friends, great times, awesome memories...and the cars were great too.

I'm still grinning from ear to ear whenever I think about us all "flying in formation" on Friday night!!!!

Lyle...you did a fantastic job of putting it all together...Thank you so much.
Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to All Past Events Archive