Cars On Ice ICE-X - Jan18-19, Feb15-16

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Cars On Ice ICE-X - Jan18-19, Feb15-16

Postby FiveOneOh » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:40 pm

https://www.facebook.com/events/591080474272907/

IceX is back for its second year, and this time we have our own dedicated track and TWO WEEKENDS! Put your driving skills to the test on technical track plowed out on a frozen lake. Challenge your friends to beat your time.

Event Weekend #1 - Jan 18/19

Event Weekend #2 - Feb 15/16

-What is IceX?

Think solo1 on a frozen lake. When your front tires cross the start line the timer begins to count. The faster you make it around the track and to the finish the better your time. Fastest time wins. Seems simple enough? Oh ya…. Remember that “frozen lake” bit? Unlike normal AutoX the fastest way around this track is sideways. So tune up those drifting skills, you are gonna need them.

-A lake? Is the ice safe?

The ice is checked by qualified members of the Western Canadian Ice Racing Association prior to any event. Only once the ice is deemed a safe thickness will the race season begin.

-Can I use my street car?

Yes, as long as your car passes a standard CACC tech inspection, is equipped with a set of street legal snow tires, and doesn’t pose a risk of roll over. (Sorry… your lifted 95 Ford explorer isn’t going to work). Cars leaking fluids will be asked to leave the ice. Remember we are racing on a lake.

-What will I need to bring?
You will need
• Vehicle fitted with street legal snow tires
• Tarp to put under your car while in the pit
• SNELL rated helmet
• A good attitude

-What about accommodation?

Discounted rates are available to racers at the Ashcroft River Inn, only a 5 minute drive from the track. Don’t want to stay in Ashcroft? Cache Creek has many motels but will add about 15 minutes to your drive in. Sorry, no discounts in Cache Creek.

-Ok this sounds fun. How do I sign up?

Pre-reg via the web site (http://www.carsonice.ca) or mail, or sign up at the Ashcroft River Inn the Friday before the event. Registration will also be open for a short window on Saturday morning at the track. However please remember spots are limited and will fill on a first come first serve basis.

-I still have more questions!
Feel free to ask @ https://www.facebook.com/events/591080474272907/
FiveOneOh

Re: Cars On Ice ICE-X

Postby camshaft » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:17 am

What rules and classes are in effect ?
Fwd
Rwd
Awd?

Stock, ? Moded
Licensed Auto Technician, Gov Inspector, AirCare, Pressure Fuels Installer
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Postby dh4ever » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:33 am

Hmm might be able to make it. Maybe not. Bad timing this year having a kid on the way.
dh4ever
Papa '2

Postby FiveOneOh » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:20 pm

To try and keep the event simple and fun the classes are... finished.. and did not finish... If the event continues to grow I will look into adding more however for now there's little point as no drivetrain layout seems to have any advantage. Last year FTD was set buy a Forester, and the second fastest time was set by the Volvo station wagon in the photo.
FiveOneOh

Return to All Past Events Archive