Pacific Forest Rally - National Event

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Pacific Forest Rally - National Event

Postby Rexxrally » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:51 am

The 1st National Pacific Forest Rally takes place on June 13th-14th in and around Merritt BC. 32 cars from all over North America are registered to compete in the performance event on the gravel and dirt roads around town.

Budd Stanley will be competing in his MR2. I will also be competing in the event (although not in an MR2). It's a great event for the whole family to come out and see.

For more information, check out the event website at www.pacificforestrally.com or contact me.

Dave
Rexxrally
Baby '2

Postby immorality » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:04 am

wow, that looks really cool !!
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Postby drscam » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:45 am

Provide further details as to where, when (time) directions..website...I am sure there will be a lot of interest from this CLUB and others to attend.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Spectator info for PFR

Postby Rexxrally » Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:54 am

The cars that are competing in the Pacific Forest Rally will all be gathering at the Merritt Memorial Arena (2075 Mamette Ave.) from 5-7PM on Friday, June 13th. You'll be able to meet the competitors (including me) and see the cars and take pictures. I'm co-driving (navigating) for Peter Hill in a Toyota Corolla, so come up and say Hi!

You will be able to pick up a spectator guide there, which will list all the spectator places, and times to catch the cars in action.

The actual competition starts Saturday morning at 9AM with the cars heading out into the wilderness from the Railyard Mall Service area (sorry, I don't know the address of the Railyard Mall).

I hope to see you there!

Dave
Rexxrally
Baby '2

Postby drscam » Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:30 am

Rexxrally,

Thanks for posting details...If all goes well I am sure you will get a couple of takers from here. The drive to Merrit alone is worth the trip.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

More information

Postby Rexxrally » Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:49 pm

The Pacific Forest Rally committee has finally put spectator information up on the website. Check out this webpage if you're interested:

http://www.pacificforestrally.com/spec_points.htm

Dave
Rexxrally
Baby '2

Postby Rexxrally » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:31 pm

A last minute note to all, before I head out to the event. There are now an INCREDIBLE 38 cars registered to run in the Pacific Forest Rally this weekend, including 7 (yes, 7!) Subaru WRX's, 2 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO's, a guy crazy enough to run a 91 Mazda RX7, and Budd Stanley in his 86 MR2.

With 38 cars, it's easily the biggest performance rally in Western Canada, and will be a heck of a good show. I'm competing in Car #9, a Toyota Corolla, with Peter Hill from Calgary. So, if you come out, drop by the service area and say HI!

I hope to see you all come out for the action.

Dave
Rexxrally
Baby '2

Postby Rexxrally » Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:29 am

A quick recap for all those who weren't able to make it:

Budd Stanley decided to see if his MR2 could fly. It can't. He went down into a ravine, and played skipping stone, with his car being the skipping stone, and big huge boulders in the ravine being the water. The ravine won. Budd's car now needs several vital components (like transaxle and suspension) to be put back onto his car.

We had fuel hose problems on the first stage, and dropped like a stone to the bottom of the standings. Fortunately, for us, that was our only problem, and we finished the event. Only 15 cars out of 38 made it to the finish line. It was a rough event, and broke a lot of cars. Ravines swallowed something like 6 cars alone!

A bad day rallying still beats a good day at the office, however.......

Tom McGeer from Ontario in the Subaru Canada Impreza WRX took the event, after a hard battle with Sylvain Erickson from Quebec and his Mitsubishi Lancer EVO.
Rexxrally
Baby '2

Postby drscam » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:13 am

Rexxrally wrote:Budd Stanley decided to see if his MR2 could fly. It can't. He went down into a ravine, and played skipping stone, with his car being the skipping stone, and big huge boulders in the ravine being the water. The ravine won. Budd's car now needs several vital components (like transaxle and suspension) to be put back onto his car

Damn that's gotta hurt. I am glad he is okay. Sounds like a fun event; however, due to father's day weekend, I was unable to make it.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Return to All Past Events Archive