The event suggestion box

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Postby RePete » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:51 pm

bbarnumboy wrote:i got one.....meet at someones house....close the street off.....drag race.....then drink beer and go inside and make lots of tacos and burritos from a homemade taco making feast provided by the members! thats what i am talking bout. burritos, cars, and maybe bring some girls. thats a day what do u think.

That's not bad. But I've suggested even simpler/cheaper things like a beach BBQ w/ a bring-your-own-steak or burgers itinerary. That went over like a lead ballon. :roll:
RePete
Grandfather '2

Postby Cameron » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:54 pm

RePete wrote:That's not bad. But I've suggested even simpler/cheaper things like a beach BBQ w/ a bring-your-own-steak or burgers itinerary. That went over like a lead ballon. :roll:

The Drive/ BBQ at Manning for BC2006 went really well last year. Not many people attended, but it was a good idea. I'd be up for an event like that again
95 MR2
Cameron
MR2 know it all

Postby Gypsy » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:18 pm

i would have gone to the mannig drive except the "spirited" run the day before did in the clutch master lol :lol:

was totaly worth it though 8)
Gypsy
Junior '2

Postby n2mymr » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:46 pm

Most of the drives were on Sundays... tough for me to attend (family day)... can you hold a few more drives on a Saturday?

I'm sure it's been tried and I know alot of people work on Saturdays... but just my 2 cents.
n2mymr
Junior '2

Postby Saiko » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:17 pm

execs. when is the first drive of the season? I'm sooo anxious!!
Eric
92T
Go CANUCKS!!
Saiko
Grandfather '2

Postby 4agzeSE » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:39 pm

bbarnumboy wrote:i got one.....meet at someones house....close the street off.....drag race.....

mmmm.... I can't tell if you are kidding or what? But it's a terrible idea and will never fly. what do you think this is? 2 Fast 2 Rice? Hah :D

RePete wrote:That's not bad. But I've suggested even simpler/cheaper things like a beach BBQ w/ a bring-your-own-steak or burgers itinerary. That went over like a lead ballon. :roll:

I would love to do that Pete. Like Cameron said, last your's BBQ at manning park was awesome. I had a lot of fun.
-Matt
89 MR2 SuperCharger SuperEdition= SOLD
86 Corolla GTS= Daily Driver
4agzeSE
MR2 Veteran

Postby bbarnumboy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:24 am

i like "fast 2 furious2" i was kidding about the drag racing but want a meet where we can all hang out and make great food and drive
God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope
bbarnumboy
MR2 know it all

Postby MR2MK1SC » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:48 am

4agze wrote:
bbarnumboy wrote:i got one.....meet at someones house....close the street off.....drag race.....

Not necessarily true...If we could organize something at a legal establishment like Mission Speedway, this could happen! The only problem is coordinating it, making at contact at the Speedway, and getting the funds from eveyone ahead of time.

Anyone want to run with this?

- D
Danny Revelant
'89 MR2 SC
MR2MK1SC
Grandfather '2

Postby bbarnumboy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:28 pm

trooper thats all i gotta say..trooper right there. this guy wants it to happen...so do i lets do it someone make friends with someone at a track....:-)
bbarnumboy
MR2 know it all

Postby immorality » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:03 pm

It's typically around been April, but we'll see.

Saiko wrote:execs. when is the first drive of the season? I'm sooo anxious!!

As far as setting something up with Mission, I think our numbers are far too small to ask them to do something special for us. Not too many of us make it out for Street legal nights, but if we can get some more people to come out, even to spectate, then that's a different story!
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Postby bbarnumboy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:29 pm

we can take a poll. to see wyho would come
bbarnumboy
MR2 know it all

Postby 4agzeSE » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:59 pm

immorality wrote:It's typically around been April, but we'll see.

Saiko wrote:execs. when is the first drive of the season? I'm sooo anxious!!

As far as setting something up with Mission, I think our numbers are far too small to ask them to do something special for us. Not too many of us make it out for Street legal nights, but if we can get some more people to come out, even to spectate, then that's a different story!

first drive of 2006 was in Feb. 18th if I remember correctly. It was all day drip to the states. HUGE turnout. Atleast 30 cars.
-Matt
89 MR2 SuperCharger SuperEdition= SOLD
86 Corolla GTS= Daily Driver
4agzeSE
MR2 Veteran

Postby MR2Kid » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:30 pm

Lets set up a specific night to do the street legal thing at mission. I've never done it before and would love to try. Plus it would be a good event to sport our BCMR2 license plate and stickers. Show people what the two is all about.

I love the manning park idea. Can we do that again this year? Its a nice drive, can do it in a day, have a nice bbq, get some good pics, fun all around.

How about Whistler.. is Sea to Sky too big a temptation to drive stupid? It'd be a nice drive and another good day trip destination.
-Matt
Previous owner of a 1993 MR2 Turbo (Yellow)
MR2Kid
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby immorality » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:19 am

Good ideas! I know I've been eyeing the mission calender for the first street legals night. It's friday Mar.30 and I know I'll be there for sure, maybe Eric and Brandon too!

MR2Kid wrote:Lets set up a specific night to do the street legal thing at mission. I've never done it before and would love to try. Plus it would be a good event to sport our BCMR2 license plate and stickers. Show people what the two is all about.

I love the manning park idea. Can we do that again this year? Its a nice drive, can do it in a day, have a nice bbq, get some good pics, fun all around.

How about Whistler.. is Sea to Sky too big a temptation to drive stupid? It'd be a nice drive and another good day trip destination.
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Postby dutch » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:18 am

ill be waiting a few events to go back to the strip. its too cold and the track is really green at the first events.

id love to see more people try it out instead of watch.
dutch
Papa '2

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming BCMR2 Sponsored Events