The event suggestion box

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Postby bbarnumboy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:27 pm

i would like to try and get the leavenworth washington drive back for next year and hopefully get a nice large group for it...that or the cascades loop drive....
God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope
bbarnumboy
MR2 know it all

Postby 4agzeSE » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:04 pm

That would be nice Martin. Next year we are going to try and have new and exciting drives. :D
-Matt
89 MR2 SuperCharger SuperEdition= SOLD
86 Corolla GTS= Daily Driver
4agzeSE
MR2 Veteran

Postby cam_132 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:10 pm

It would be cool to have a Show and Shine in the summer next year!

maby in Poco maby
Ruus wrote:
once an mr2 owner, always an mr2 owner. Its the love of the car that brings us together, not the owning of one.
cam_132
Papa '2

Postby Saiko » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:31 pm

Yeap, we usually do have Show and Shine in the summer. There's an annual event BC2009 coming up and it's a full weekend of people and cars getting together and hanging out. Track event on Friday, Club Drive on Saturday, and Show n Shine on Sunday with awards and giveaways.

Check out our previous threads about this event. It's definately one not to miss.
Eric
92T
Go CANUCKS!!
Saiko
Grandfather '2

Postby cam_132 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:00 pm

i'v got a new one!

How about in the summer we go down to the A&W For there clasic car show here in maple ridge!

Trust me there is a lot of people that go, and they rent 2 parking lots and they are uasually full and live Music, Food, and lots more!

It is real Fun!

we should consider it!
Ruus wrote:
once an mr2 owner, always an mr2 owner. Its the love of the car that brings us together, not the owning of one.
cam_132
Papa '2

Postby bbarnumboy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:40 pm

that sounds alright...but arent those burger joint etc meets normally classic cars and muscle car scene's i dont know how that would go
bbarnumboy
MR2 know it all

Postby cam_132 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:13 am

i'v seen lots of imports... as long as your car is 1999 and older, and looks good, then you can go! and it is open for everyone...
Ruus wrote:
cam_132
Papa '2

Postby Dyoung » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:43 am

cam_132 wrote:i'v seen lots of imports... as long as your car is 1999 and older, and looks good, then you can go! and it is open for everyone...

sadly...my 91 turbo is the only car in my possession...driving my dad's 97 corolla just isn't the same...same with his mazda 3 sport...doesn't quite feels as nice as the mr2 :D
1991 turbo, yellow
Dyoung
Baby '2

Postby cam_132 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:31 pm

Well ya... its a MR2!!!!!
Ruus wrote:
cam_132
Papa '2

Re: The event suggestion box

Postby driftingsw21 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:28 am

Ok tossing my 2 cents into the ring here. Yes It's 6am as I'm posting this so bare with me.

How about a track day meet. Not some 6 minutes of fame like autox where you stand around for 8 hours and pray for 4 minutes of seat time. But a full on track day/lapping day. They are usually organized by a much larger group like SCCA, IRDC, BMWclub, Alfa club "great club to learn the ropes with" etc... what ever the racing club is in Canada. There has to be some track days in Canada. Everyone just sign up and all agree to go to one. They are alot of fun, you usually get 100 plus miles of full on pedal to the metal driving where you find out where your talent begins and where it ends. You literally get so much action in that you physically can't drive any more. Come on we dump so much money into our cars to make them drive better how about we all find out what in real world situations how much better they are thus ending "bench" racing. Thus ending the bickering on who's faster etc...No worries about everyone getting pulled over, getting hurt "usually an EMT on site", you can get track day insurance for some HPDE's list is amazingly long.

What's needed some clubs require you to have previous track time but they hold training days all the time and it's the best way to do it. They give you instruction the entire nine. Oh here's the scary part for just a little bit more then a full autox day you get ummmm 100times the miles. What's required, a car that would pass an auto x tech, a helmet, and lastly some common sense!!!! After your more "seasoned/done a instructor hpde" a track day can be had for 60-110 dollars.

In the states there is a group of dedicated track day monkeys "obviously I'm one of them". Each event there is atleast 6 mr2's there has even been to the point that the marshals didn't know which car was the offending spinner at one of the corners. Lets bring so many that we get our own run group!!!! Can you guys really deny the idea of legally doing 140 mph down a front straight, stabbing at the breaks preying you will slow down enough to make that turn, and cornering with every inch of tire you have and getting to do it all without the fear of a ticket, hurting yourself and learning just how far you can push it?? Yes it's more money then normal, yes you have to wake up early, yes you have to buy/beg/borrow a helmet, sometimes they rent out helmets. Is it worth it every penny and you'll never go back to thinking about anything else.

Rant over See you March 7th-8th for the first event of the season
Place Pacific Race Ways
What 2 day HPDE get certified by an instructor to run any track in the NW with any group
With Who http://www.irdc-racing.com
Cost $250 of the best dollars you ever spent on the car!!!
97 SC300 Because DD with some space
95 Sunroof Because Show Car
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby sprinterkb » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:07 pm

We attended a full track day at mission raceway here in BC last August By Morrisport.
http://www.morrisport.com/index.html
This was held on the friday before the BCMR2008 friday night drags at the same track!
There were two of us 2 owners and it was a blast.
I will post the event in the spring as they usually run 2-3 events per year.
RedLeader
93T "RedLeader" 18 Prime hypersonic Red
2nd place mark 2 2013 Tfest
OnlyToyota's in my garage! (Lastchance Garage)
sprinterkb
Papa '2

Postby 4agzeSE » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:28 pm

It is not as easy in Canada as it is in States. It is very costly for a club to host a track day such as this. Unless there are 50 members who are willing to pay a good chunk of cash, it is next to impossible. Even autocross is very hard. Unless you have a 100 cars, the cost is simply too much. We have been trying to get auto cross for BC200X for the last 2 years but it simply is out of the budget. BCMR2 can't pay up front $3000 and we can't ask members to pay $100 each. We are not giving up though. Event right now we are still trying for BC2009 to get something but it's not looking very good. It always comes down to the cost.

However for those who are interested there are track days at the Mission Raceway that you pay $250-$300 to get in. They are fun and I would like to attend this year. Or maybe I should just come to states and pay $50 :D
-Matt
4agzeSE
MR2 Veteran

Postby PearlWhiteMR2 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:39 pm

I'd love for a drive soon. It would be wicked to cruise around turning heads with other MR2s. Let's do it sometime in the spring though, so we can try for some better weather!
-Sarah
1985 MR2 - R.I.P
1991 MR2 Turbo
2013 Scion FR-S
Apprentice Tech at Valley Toyota
PearlWhiteMR2
Grandfather '2

Postby 4agzeSE » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:02 am

PearlWhiteMR2 wrote:I'd love for a drive soon. It would be wicked to cruise around turning heads with other MR2s. Let's do it sometime in the spring though, so we can try for some better weather!

There are tons of drive and events starting in March. More than you can handle :D
-Matt
4agzeSE
MR2 Veteran

Postby bbarnumboy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:36 am

yeah sarah you will get your mr2 fix for sure in the spring/summer times :-) for now we hybernate,except my car cause it is always hybernating :mrgreen:

and from the sounds of it the executives are planning some new and exciting drives and trips for us this year.
bbarnumboy
MR2 know it all

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming BCMR2 Sponsored Events