Anyone know the Turbo @ Miracle Autosales ?????

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Postby RePete » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:46 pm

Good for you! I, on the other hand, may have less pride than you...especially since there ain't much out there. I'll take Danny's line here: Someone please shoot me!!
RePete
Grandfather '2

Postby podgers » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:53 pm

I'm not sure how small Autosquare Centre is. I thought I'd take a look at it in the near future. Good to know it's not at the top of the black list like miracle, at least.
podgers
Papa '2

Postby drscam » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:59 pm

podgers17 wrote:I'm not sure how small Autosquare Centre is. I thought I'd take a look at it in the near future. Good to know it's not at the top of the black list like miracle, at least.

I have heard nothing good or bad about autosquare...just be really weary of small dealers....Have all cars checked and rechecked before buying. Cover your @55. It is worthwhile to make sure no lemons are bought. Check with REVscene guys...they do spot dealer checks constantly.

revscene.net do a search.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby Djmare » Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:11 am

I bet that in a few more years the only good MR2s left will be the ones that are part of BCMR2.
Every other 2 left will be junk or rotting away.
You would have to be one of those guys I see on TV that goes around peoples barns searching for an old car they have no idea is worth something, looking for a shell of an MR2 and spend thousands of dollars restoring it.
Its already happening.
SuperRed 89 Supercharger
Djmare
Junior '2

Postby drscam » Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:10 am

Djmare wrote:You would have to be one of those guys I see on TV that goes around peoples barns searching for an old car they have no idea is worth something, looking for a shell of an MR2 and spend thousands of dollars restoring it.
Its already happening.

You have no idea how true this statement actually is...
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby sean » Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:30 am

What we need to do is get more of the MR2 owners around here involved. I constantly see MR2's running around and have no idea who the people are. Either get them to understand what they have, or get them to sell it to a worthy owner who'll be part of the club and appreciate the car for what it truly is.

Also, it seems the price on these cars is actually going up. I bought an 87 about 6-7 years ago for $3200 with 120000kms. I doubt you can find one for that little now.

Then again, MR2's are getting written off constantly as well. People dont get the whole mid engine rear wheel drive characteristics.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
sean
Grandfather '2

Postby drscam » Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:39 am

sean wrote:What we need to do is get more of the MR2 owners around here involved. I constantly see MR2's running around and have no idea who the people are. Either get them to understand what they have, or get them to sell it to a worthy owner who'll be part of the club and appreciate the car for what it truly is.

Good luck!! If you can figure a way to get this accomplished; I volunteer my efforts to the cause.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby RePete » Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:49 pm

Then again, MR2's are getting written off constantly as well. People dont get the whole mid engine rear wheel drive characteristics.

Know what you mean! I've seen so many grandfatherly types drive MR2s and it makes me scratch my head. I'm sure some understand their unique set of wheels while others may think it's just another reliable Toyota to get around in. There's an MK1 and another MKII N/A down the street from me and they look at me funny when I wave as we pass each other. They must think I'm a weirdo to offer my salutations at 'just another' Toyota driver!
RePete
Grandfather '2

Postby sean » Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:00 pm

Haven't you noticed most nice cars are owned by retired people? Lots of people can never (or decide to) afford a sweet car until retirement. Then they treat themselves. I said, screw that noise, and bought mine now. I'm enjoying my car every day possible.

I know about the waving thing though. It happens to me with young MR2 drivers as well though. Buncha punks.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
sean
Grandfather '2

Postby Gymkata » Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:24 pm

This is why i love the site so much. What excellent feed back. Thanks all.
So ....... Anyone in the club want to sell their MKII Turbo. No extra's required, i'll probably be doing similar upgrades as the 1 i already have.
Gymkata
Baby '2

Postby drscam » Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:18 pm

WhiteSC wrote:I wave as we pass each other.

I also wave, honk, my horn, or flash my headlights, depending on the distnce I am away from a fellow MR2. Sometimes they will wave back..other times..blank stares. No worries here...I still continue to do so. It is such a habbit that I do this when I drive other cars as well...alk about blank stares then!!!

sean wrote:Lots of people can never (or decide to) afford a sweet car until retirement. Then they treat themselves. I said, screw that noise, and bought mine now. I'm enjoying my car every day possible.

I also share this notion. I was 22 when I purchased my dream car; I am still enjoying it to this day. The only difference is that I have this club to share it (the dream) with.

Gymkata wrote:This is why i love the site so much. What excellent feed back. Thanks all.

No problem, we could not let you go out and purchase a possible lemon now...What kind of family would we be?

Gymkata wrote:So ....... Anyone in the club want to sell their MKII Turbo. No extra's required, i'll probably be doing similar upgrades as the 1 i already have.

Good luck, dude! There is a huge demand for a MKII Turbo..modified or unmodified as long as the price is right. This demand and short supply is what is skyrocketing our resale values. I am loving every minute. :mrgreen:
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Car is piece of s***

Postby YSG » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:43 pm

I've stopped by and looked at their cars periodically - This one included. All I can say is, was a beat piece of crap this car is. Whoever owned it should be ashamed of themselves. As for Miracle'... I have never encountered more shady salespeople in my life. Only a complete idiot would buy a car from this place (or any of the places like it Burnaby or Vancouver). That car isn't worth $5K... Hell... mosr\t of parts on it are bunged, so it wouldn't even be good for a parts car. :(
YSG

Mk2's are out there!!

Postby sprinterkb » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:03 am

There are cars out there, i know of a recient purch of a '93 with less that 80k that was bought for 12k!! from original owner.
the other day i was down seeing my doctor in vancouver and there was a super red '93 pure stock sitting in a doctors parking spot in a alleyway!!! of course i put my busness car under the wiper ( ever want to sell? call me) but no calls or email yet.. if you wait long enough the car will come to u :D
sprinterkb
Papa '2

Re: Mk2's are out there!!

Postby drscam » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:17 am

sprinterkb wrote:if you wait long enough the car will come to u :D
-

I am so glad I bought my car NEW and avoided all this...
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby RePete » Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:51 am

I am so glad I bought my car NEW and avoided all this...

That's what I kept thinking about my '88 Supra Turbo...

of course i put my busness car under the wiper ( ever want to sell? call me) but no calls or email yet..

I get those same business cards on my SC as well.
RePete
Grandfather '2

PreviousNext

Return to Buy & Sell Archive