1985 MR2 For sale!

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

1985 MR2 For sale!

Postby Beans » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:57 pm

Hello All,

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am forced to sell my dream car; a 1985 MR2. Growing up I had a Micro Machine of the exact yellow MR2 and it was my favorite, I was stoked when I finally got my hands on one. Unfortunately now life has caught up to me and I'm forced to let it go due to lack of funds. I've already spent $1000+ on replacement parts for the suspension and brakes. Some of the parts include: Goodridge SS brake lines, Moog ball joints all around, Moog tie rods, custom SS rear tie rods from TwosRUs, prothane urethane bushing kit, centric brake MC, stoptech performance brake pads. Oh, did I mention that NONE of those parts have even been installed on the car? Brand spanking new, some items still in boxes, some items have been painted black (tie rods, etc.).

I also freshly rebuilt the rear calipers and painted them with red Dupont ceramic caliper paint. Before I parked the car I put fresh Mobil 1 synthetic in with a K&N oil filter and ran new oil cooler lines. Included with the car are three unopened, brand new, bottles of Redline MT-90. I also had a custom aluminum MAF adapter welded up to accomodate a pod air filter and relocated the battery to the frunk. Brand new high quality brass battery terminals and 4ga amp wire, inline fuse (duh), and even ran a brand new ground from engine to chassis with soldered end terminals for good conductivity.

I'm probably forgetting a bunch of stuff, but that's some of the stuff off the top of my head.

Now, the car has the usual body rot around the rear wheel wells. I cut and ground out most of it, but I procrastinated on welding on fresh metal. The front passenger side QP is probably a write off, but the drivers side QP is minty fresh, no rust whatsoever and new paint to boot! The engine has something like 290K Km on it, but still runs like a dream. Knowing Toyota engines it's probably got another 200K in it still, though I was planning to use it as a daily driver until I had the money for an engine swap. The transmission worked fairly well, a teenie bit of synchro issues going into 2nd, no 5th gear pop out. Again, I was going to replace that when I did the swap. The interior is in okay shape. I think there is one cigarette burn on the driver's seat. There looks to be water damage on the passenger door speaker, though there is definitely no water leak, so I don't know what's up with that.

I live in North Vancouver, and it will need to be towed from where it sits to it's final destination. The car is not currently driveable because I removed the brakes to rebuild them. It also hasn't been started up in several months so it's going to need a new battery and some TLC.

Anyway, I am looking to get $1500 for it. It could be used as a parts car or someone could put a little bit of time and effort into it and have a pretty sweet little ride. I've posted a link to the Craigslist ad I posted for it, which you can email me from. Please feel free to email me if you want more info/pictures, but be sure to mention you're from the BCMR2 forum so I know you're not just another dickhead wasting my time and leading me on!

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nvn/c ... 74240.html

Thanks for reading all that!
Beans

Re: 1985 MR2 For sale!

Postby 86two » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:47 pm

What happened to your car?
86two

Return to MKI Specific Shop