WTB rear bumper reinforcement Toyota MK1 MR2

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

WTB rear bumper reinforcement Toyota MK1 MR2

Postby rongold666 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:02 pm

I'm looking for a rear bumper reinforcement for a MK1 MR2. this is the metal beam within the rear bumper that both tow hooks are attached to. the part number is the same throughout the model run, so any year is fine. main concern: both tow hooks intact, not bent, and the entire support must be rust free.
contact Mat @ 604-226-6666 if you happen to have one that you're willing to part with.
mat
rongold666
Baby '2

Re: WTB rear bumper reinforcement Toyota MK1 MR2

Postby 1985 Silver MKI » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:44 pm

that last one wasn't good enough hey? sorry about that it's hard to tell what they look like until you actually pull it out of the cover which I should have done before you came by, if you would like I have about 3 other ones I didn't have when you came by. If you want to come see if there is a better one to trade the old one for???
1985 Silver MKI
Papa '2

Postby rongold666 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:18 pm

yeah, i didn't realize it at first (it was really dark out, so i couldn't really see it that well), but the one you sold me had been sitting in the grass/dirt for some time? regardless, that's neither here nor there, but either way, it's fairly rusty, and between having to blast the rust off and repaint it i'm considering just seeing 'what's out there' in order to avoid having to put any additional work towards prepping a bumper reinforcement for installation. if you have any, i'd be curious to know what there condition is? same deal as before, preferably rust free, straight and intact tow hooks, and half decent paint condition. do you have any like this?
mat
rongold666
Baby '2

Postby 1985 Silver MKI » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:10 pm

you're not going to find rust free unless you can find a new one. I may have a better one but we are talking about a 25 year old piece of metal that likely spent most of it's time outdoors.
1985 Silver MKI
Papa '2

Postby bbarnumboy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Blast it and paint it with corrosion resistant paint. 1 Hours work
God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope
bbarnumboy
MR2 know it all

Return to MKI Specific Shop