New Momo Pedals!

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

New Momo Pedals!

Postby FOX » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:48 pm

Finally after procrastinating for a looong time I got down to installing some Momo pedals I got about two years ago. Here is how they look:
And in case you are wondering why blue, it is the colour of the interiors of my two.
CARLOS
1991 MR2 TURBO Super White
2012 Camry SE
All Toyota Last Chance Garage! 2 down 1 to go!
FOX
Papa '2

Postby Saiko » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:50 pm

I believe mr_2.2 has the same pedals but in yellow. Momo is dope, they make pretty good quality stuff.

how do you like the feel of them compared to the stock rubber ones? be sure to keep your shoes clean, so u can keep those pedals clean!
Eric
92T
Go CANUCKS!!
Saiko
Grandfather '2

Postby camshaft » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:23 pm

How do they mount to the pedals Fox ?
Licensed Auto Technician, Gov Inspector, AirCare, Pressure Fuels Installer
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Postby Cameron » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:55 pm

Is the dead pedal missing the screws at the top Fox?
95 MR2
Cameron
MR2 know it all

Postby FOX » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:53 pm

The clutch and brake pedals come with three liners with threaded holes in each end so there is no need to drill holes in the car's pedals, once you manage to center the pedals is just a matter of tightening the screws and voilá. As for the accelerator pedal, it comes with two liners that hold it in place with four screws.

And the dead pedal Cameron you're right, the two screws on top are missing cuz it is up in the air and there's nothing behind to screw to, so I just left them out.
CARLOS
2012 Camry SE
FOX
Papa '2

Postby camshaft » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:31 am

I have had problems with that type of mounting type..
As it sticks out more on the back of the pedal and wears a hold in the carpet after a while.
More on the clutch pedal
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Postby FOX » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:05 pm

Yep Cam you're right. The screws supplied by Momo come in three different lenghts but even the shortest ones tend to be a little too long in addition to not being enough (you would need a total of 12, 4 per pedal), and I noticed they did not let the clutch pedal go all the way to the bottom, so what I did is I got a bunch of stainless steel nuts and installed a nut in each screw and then cut the screw of with my Dremmel right level with the nut. It was fun cuz it's hard to reach some of the screws and I had to use a mirror, so worked like a dentist. Now it works wonders!

Hey Saiko btw I do like the feel of the pedals, particularly because they are closer to me now, my legs are kind of short for the Mk II, but I think I will use my racing shoes when I drive the 2 as the pedals are now a little larger and there is not enough room for regular dress shoes. Racing shoes are narrower and more like Puma shoes.
CARLOS
2012 Camry SE
FOX
Papa '2

Postby camshaft » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:38 am

Well good man...!

Its sad when you see holes worn in the floor

FOX wrote:Yep Cam you're right. The screws supplied by Momo come in three different lenghts but even the shortest ones tend to be a little too long in addition to not being enough (you would need a total of 12, 4 per pedal), and I noticed they did not let the clutch pedal go all the way to the bottom, so what I did is I got a bunch of stainless steel nuts and installed a nut in each screw and then cut the screw of with my Dremmel right level with the nut. It was fun cuz it's hard to reach some of the screws and I had to use a mirror, so worked like a dentist. Now it works wonders!

Hey Saiko btw I do like the feel of the pedals, particularly because they are closer to me now, my legs are kind of short for the Mk II, but I think I will use my racing shoes when I drive the 2 as the pedals are now a little larger and there is not enough room for regular dress shoes. Racing shoes are narrower and more like Puma shoes.
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Return to Interior Talk