omori boost gauge

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

omori boost gauge

Postby kungfucop » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:37 pm

I have a 45mm omori mechanical boost gauge. Does anyone know if the gauge is pressurized inside the clear plastic cover? I want to remove the clear plastic cover since I've installed it in the OEM boost gauge location. The clear plastic on the gauge tends to fog up when the weather is cold and the OEM instrument gauge cluster already has a clear plastic cover. So I'm not sure if the gauge will still function if I remove the plastic cover. It appears to be glued on and it is perhaps airtight, so I'll have to hack it off.
- Jeff
Pale Yellow 91T
kungfucop
Baby '2

Re: omori boost gauge

Postby drscam » Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:00 pm

kungfucop wrote:I have a 45mm omori mechanical boost gauge. Does anyone know if the gauge is pressurized inside the clear plastic cover? I want to remove the clear plastic cover since I've installed it in the OEM boost gauge location. The clear plastic on the gauge tends to fog up when the weather is cold and the OEM instrument gauge cluster already has a clear plastic cover. So I'm not sure if the gauge will still function if I remove the plastic cover. It appears to be glued on and it is perhaps airtight, so I'll have to hack it off.

I am not 100% sure if it air tight or not; however, if it were air tight it sould not fog up during temperature changes.

Also many members on the IMOC have done this mod and therefore must have removed the plastic cover from the gauge in order to make it fit.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby drscam » Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:36 am

Jeff also posted this question on IMOC Board.

This is a sweet mod for anyone that is interested: http://www.eloquence.co.uk/paul/Omori/Omori.html
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby kungfucop » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:22 am

Thanks for the info and the link DrScam. Here is another link for an in-dash boost gauge installation:

http://www.turbomr2.com/MR2/HowTo/Blitz ... ge_PG1.htm

You'll need to copy and paste the link due to the spaces in the URL...
- Jeff
Pale Yellow 91T
kungfucop
Baby '2

Return to Interior Talk