Problems with my power locks

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Problems with my power locks

Postby Luigi64 » Sat May 31, 2003 12:05 am

My powerlocks on my car arent working right anymore. When I lock one door the other door unlocks on either side. Anyone know what I should do to fix this? Should I bring it somewhere to get done or is there an easy fix?
Mr2 88 SC white
Luigi64
Junior '2

Postby drscam » Sat May 31, 2003 8:31 am

My locks were giving me issues...My work around was a car alarm as now with the remote keyless entry the locks work as they should; however, with the key there are still some issues the odd time.

I can lock and unlock the drivers door with my key; however, the passenger side will not lock and unlock at all...it used to work...I figure I never use the key and therefore do not really care to have it looked at..I have been advised the fix is easy though.
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Postby Luigi64 » Sat May 31, 2003 10:54 am

I wish I had money for an alarm right now. Keyless entry kicks ass. This really sucks cause I just hooked my speakers up to the car and now cant even lock it.
Mr2 88 SC white
Luigi64
Junior '2

hmmm

Postby Narfy » Sat May 31, 2003 11:16 am

roberto... if your locks are working against each other, your power door lock motor wires on one side have been reversed... very simple to check that... just install some bullet connectors on one side and swap them to see if that fixes your problem.. if not, you have a minor electrical problem...

btw: always buy an alarm before you buy a stereo!
i eat waaaaay too much sushi...
2nd place best stock MKI at BC2004...
fng@regencyauto.com
Narfy
BCMR2 Sponsor

Postby Luigi64 » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:10 am

What are bullet connectors? I found out i can lock it manually from the inside. I might just put up for it till i get the alarm. Btw anyone know if its easy to take an alarm off another car i have or would it be better to just buy a new one? (its useless in the other car now)
Mr2 88 SC white
Luigi64
Junior '2

hmm

Postby Narfy » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:24 am

it's not difficult to take an alarm from one car, however you need to remove the harness without damaging any of the donor car's electronics and wiring... you also need the installation/wiring diagrams... and you need some experience on how to install alarms... otherwise, it's simple... i'd personally recommend a new alarm and installation...
i eat waaaaay too much sushi...
2nd place best stock MKI at BC2004...
fng@regencyauto.com
Narfy
BCMR2 Sponsor

Re: hmm

Postby drscam » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:21 am

Narfy wrote:i'd personally recommend a new alarm and installation...

I would have to agree with this...

Then you know that you have all the proper equipment and their is a warranty in case the brain and or siren malfunctions (not likely).
drscam
BCMR2 Support Team

Return to Interior Talk