Should I go for Matte White, Black, or Orange??

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Should I go for Matte White, Black, or Orange??

Postby Turboboy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:12 am

Hi everyone, since my cars colour is fading out, I have decided to Vinyl my mr2 myself, instead of paying $$$$, sinces I will be ordering a roll of vinyl, I dont know what colour I have decided to order. but for sure it will be Matte colour(something different) my favorite colour is White, but I owned a white Lexus IS250 already, second choice is Matte Black, but my "asian" gf doesnt like it(but if the majority thinks that matte black is nice, I would go for it), last but not least, I might go for matte orange, because my current colour is gold/orange so that I have a matching interior colour. what do you guys think?
Turboboy
Baby '2

Re: Should I go for Matte White, Black, or Orange??

Postby toyotaspeed90 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:18 pm

Turboboy wrote:Hi everyone, since my cars colour is fading out, I have decided to Vinyl my mr2 myself, instead of paying $$$$,

if you don't use the quality automotive vinyl wrap then it will look really bad. I you have experience with vinyl wraps then go for it... if you don't, get it painted.

I know that even 'cost' of quality automotive vinyl wrap for an MK1 would be around $400 or so. I have a friend who owns a sign/graphics company.. (in fact he does the 2 the beach shirts... has done lots of vinyl on many cars, and many logos for lots of sites)... we were talking about it but in order to get the right kind of vinyl that will form to the car correctly (and when under the sun.. like on a hot day... it won't pull away from areas where the vinyl bends) would be quite expensive.

to have someone that knows that they're doing install the vinyl automotive wrap would be $1,000-$1,500....
toyotaspeed90

Postby PearlWhiteMR2 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Matte orange for sure, it will match your trim and all the paneling that's been painted orange already, less of a headache. Also, it's unique and I think your car really stands out from the crowd because of it. :)
-Sarah
1985 MR2 - R.I.P
1991 MR2 Turbo
2013 Scion FR-S
Apprentice Tech at Valley Toyota
PearlWhiteMR2
Grandfather '2

Postby Turboboy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:05 am

Thanks for the info toyotaspeed90, I would like to dim (do it myself) I will take my time and patient. I love working on my own car, it gives me a feel of fullfilness.

Hey Sara, I thought you want to repaint your car, lol.. Wanna get a roll glossy white? I am sure Jordan can do it for you, no problem. I can get a roll of 1.52m(w)x 30m(l) with bubble free channel. It should be under $500 shipping included.
Turboboy
Baby '2

Postby PearlWhiteMR2 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:54 am

No thanks sean, I don't have that kind of money at the moment. Thanks though!
-Sarah
1985 MR2 - R.I.P
1991 MR2 Turbo
2013 Scion FR-S
Apprentice Tech at Valley Toyota
PearlWhiteMR2
Grandfather '2

Return to Exterior Talk