Thumbs up for Camshaft!!!

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Re: Thumbs up for Camshaft!!!

Postby camshaft » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:21 am

Thanks guys

Any luck with the fan circuit ?

SSJMR2 wrote:I just bought some intercooler related stuff from him, great guy to deal with!
Br3nnan wrote:Thanks man! Nice work, wouldn't take my car anywhere else. :D

PS. I love synthetic oil/tranny, feels amazing now.

Is your mr2 a white MKII?
I saw a really clean white mr2 when I went there.
Licensed Auto Technician, Gov Inspector, AirCare, Pressure Fuels Installer
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Postby Goopi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:39 pm

camshaft wrote:Thanks guys

This may sound scary, but I think the engine bay was really that warm that day. It functioned perfectly fine when I went to diagnose the problem a few days later at home.

Worries me that I've had it like that for years, I've been running on hot air the whole time. :!:
Goopi
Papa '2

Postby camshaft » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:43 pm

Hum interesting.......
Well its not surprising since it has been pretty hot summer/fall

SSJMR2 wrote:
camshaft wrote:Thanks guys

This may sound scary, but I think the engine bay was really that warm that day. It functioned perfectly fine when I went to diagnose the problem a few days later at home.

Worries me that I've had it like that for years, I've been running on hot air the whole time. :!:
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Postby RePete » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks for the parts, Cam - always a pleasure dealing with you. Thoughtful to let me know you happened to be in my neck of the woods so we could meet in Van.
RePete
Grandfather '2

Postby Bravo 5 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Thanks for the sign Cam.
1985 MR2, 1989 SC, 1991 n/a
Collector of MR2 memorabilia
Bravo 5
Grandfather '2

Postby camshaft » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:34 pm

Bravo 5 wrote:Thanks for the sign Cam.

No problem D

I tracked the guy down, he wants 79.99 for them now :(
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Postby adam » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:04 am

Who is it?
adam
Grandfather '2

Postby RePete » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:37 pm

Well, what can I write that I haven't written about already? It's hard not to be enthusiastic about Cam's service.

Brought my car in for a new clutch after we reconnected on some TRD parts Cam was selling. He noticed everything from missing bolts all over the chassis and interior to worn or sub-standard aftermarket parts that were either prematurely failing or wearing out well before their time (or even just plain missing).

I brought over a box full of OEM parts, all professionally installed by Cam that would make a Toyota dealership ashamed (I know, I've been using several dealerships for years). And Cam supplied whatever he could if I couldn't get a hold of it and just tacked it on the bill - very convenient. Updates on his progress were regular too.

I received my deuce today and 'drives like new' is about as close as it gets. Super rare for someone to actually care about more than what they was commissioned to do. No surprises either, like no fresh scratch marks on the finish. And even some slip-shod work was corrected from before I owned the car. Jeez, a man with a solid work ethic! How about that?

There's just no comparison with anyone else I know. Cam, your condemnation for sub-standard work & parts is all too true. The MR2 community should be damn happy you're around, still obsessed with quality work after all these years, still working on a car almost like you own it, still doing the job you're paid for, still having the passion.

Thanks a bunch, Cam. Love ya, man! (like a brother of course) :wink:
RePete
Grandfather '2

Postby camshaft » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:49 am

Glad I could help

Its just very embarrassing to see a toyota dealer disrespect a paying customer with completely incompetent repairs. Once again flat rate rears its ugly head

Like come on ???
Would you adjust a clutch master and say nothing about this HUGE blown out bushing ???

RePete wrote:Well, what can I write that I haven't written about already? It's hard not to be enthusiastic about Cam's service.

Brought my car in for a new clutch after we reconnected on some TRD parts Cam was selling. He noticed everything from missing bolts all over the chassis and interior to worn or sub-standard aftermarket parts that were either prematurely failing or wearing out well before their time (or even just plain missing).

I brought over a box full of OEM parts, all professionally installed by Cam that would make a Toyota dealership ashamed (I know, I've been using several dealerships for years). And Cam supplied whatever he could if I couldn't get a hold of it and just tacked it on the bill - very convenient. Updates on his progress were regular too.

I received my deuce today and 'drives like new' is about as close as it gets. Super rare for someone to actually care about more than what they was commissioned to do. No surprises either, like no fresh scratch marks on the finish. And even some slip-shod work was corrected from before I owned the car. Jeez, a man with a solid work ethic! How about that?

There's just no comparison with anyone else I know. Cam, your condemnation for sub-standard work & parts is all too true. The MR2 community should be damn happy you're around, still obsessed with quality work after all these years, still working on a car almost like you own it, still doing the job you're paid for, still having the passion.

Thanks a bunch, Cam. Love ya, man! (like a brother of course) :wink:
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

HUGE Thanks to Camshaft

Postby MR2_Jester » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:54 am

Hey everyone, I'm sure everyone knows Camshaft on this forum. Just recently had some work done on my MR2 by him, and he did an absolutely fantastic job. I had him replace my clutch which is certainly not a small, as well as replace my leaky t-top seals. Aside from that he also replaced my shifter bushings and side bushings which he did not charge me labour for. Also a few minor problems he came across while working on the car he fixed up with no charge to me. Checking around other shops, for the amount of work he did on the car, he saved me on average about $500. The clutch alone, several other shops wanted $300 more than what Cam charged for it, furthermore even after it was installed he continued to adjust and play with it until he was satisfied with it's performance.
I was really impressed and especially grateful that Cam took this job on so close to Christmas when we're all so busy with our own personal stuff. When I first talked to him about doing the work I expected we'd get it done in the New Year and a few days later he e-mailed me saying he could fit it in. He also did a fantastic job of keeping in touch with me the entire time he had the car, if I had any questions or anything he was able to reply to me the same day, usually only a couple of hours afterwards.
I think most of you have been on this forum for a while now and realize what a blessing it is to have Camshaft here with us, his work is absolutely amazing, very reasonably priced, and you will likely learn something new about these cars every time you talk to him.
Camshaft is extremely dedicated to this forum and all of it's members, again those of you who have been here a while know that he is on here every single day giving out free advice and helping people out wherever he can.

Thank you Camshaft, your work and dedication is always appreciated, we're all blessed to have you here with us.
MR2_Jester
Baby '2

Re: HUGE Thanks to Camshaft

Postby Goopi » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Nothing new here, just some positive feedback for Cam as usual! :) I picked up some things from him, and even then he provided me with some great advice and information about the parts I bought.

After seeing a customers white MKII mr2 in great condition at his place, I realized that he is capable of providing clean helpful service.

I don't mind paying the labour it will take to maintain or mod a car properly, the problem is finding someone who will put the effort into doing it right. We are lucky to have Cam here to assists us in keeping the mr2 community rolling!
Goopi
Papa '2

Guess.... another thank you thread to Cam (Camshaft)

Postby mparkis » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:37 pm

Big thanks to Camshaft. He came to my house to fix my clutch issue today. I swear he looked like Santa today. He was my Santa. I was a good boy.
Car was in the garage for months trying to fix myself....
He fixed my car in 10 minutes. I should bury all my tools.

Mancrush is strong Cam. Thanks again for your help.
Mike
1987 AW11 NA-Daily Queen-
1990 JDM SW20 Turbo -to be restored-
1988 JDM AW11 SC -to be restored-
mparkis
Baby '2

Re: Guess.... another thank you thread to Cam (Camshaft)

Postby RePete » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Yeah, I know that warm feeling. Whenever Cam works on my car, I just feel like it's in the hands of a man at the top of his profession. Cam single-handily rescued me from changing cars after almost a decade with SW20s and getting increasingly frustrated with anyone else working on my car (including those auto-techs at Toyota who are barely older than the car itself and scarcely know what it is). Sad to say, but if Cam stops his good work, my car goes bye-bye.
RePete
Grandfather '2

Postby camshaft » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:04 am

Glad I could help Mike

Merry Christmas/ happy new year

mparkis wrote:Big thanks to Camshaft. He came to my house to fix my clutch issue today. I swear he looked like Santa today. He was my Santa. I was a good boy.
Car was in the garage for months trying to fix myself....
He fixed my car in 10 minutes. I should bury all my tools.

Mancrush is strong Cam. Thanks again for your help.
Mike
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Postby PearlWhiteMR2 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:41 pm

RePete wrote:Image

Yeah, I know that warm feeling. Whenever Cam works on my car, I just feel like it's in the hands of a man at the top of his profession. Cam single-handily rescued me from changing cars after almost a decade with SW20s and getting increasingly frustrated with anyone else working on my car (including those auto-techs at Toyota who are barely older than the car itself and scarcely know what it is). Sad to say, but if Cam stops his good work, my car goes bye-bye.

I get that a lot of techs at Toyota are shitty... but please PLEASE, for the sake of us that DO work there and DO know these cars (and not just me), please quit lumping us all into one pile!
-Sarah
1985 MR2 - R.I.P
1991 MR2 Turbo
2013 Scion FR-S
Apprentice Tech at Valley Toyota
PearlWhiteMR2
Grandfather '2

PreviousNext

Return to Engine\Mechanic Talk