Thumbs up for Camshaft!!!

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Re: Thumbs up for Camshaft!!!

Postby znwgy09agh » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Looking for a used MK1 MR2, and was lucky enough to come across Cam from this forum - been super helpful with answering my questions and is a great source of information for someone who doesn't know much about fixing cars.

Cheers Cam, thanks!
znwgy09agh

Postby PhoenixMedia » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:14 am

Had further work done on MR2 (Brakes) by Cam recently. Can only reiterate what I have said before -- I appreciate the thoroughness of the work, sourcing materials etc.
Even had a 3rd Party mechanic shop comment on how well maintained the car was (went in to plug a leaking tire, and they chose to do a mechanical inspection while it was in their care at their own discretion and they couldn't provide me a list of things I needed to fix!) Thanks again Cam.
PhoenixMedia

Postby camshaft » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:11 am

Thanks for the kind words

Happy motoring
Licensed Auto Technician, Gov Inspector, AirCare, Pressure Fuels Installer
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Postby Goopi » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:16 pm

First time I went to Cam to work on my MR2 and I had a great experience! I had my transmission fluid, shifter cable bushings, and shifter base bushings replaced. It was done within the amount of time we negotiated and he kept in touch with me daily. I also talked to him amount some other concerns I had about my MR2 and he was able to help me figure things out.

He also found out that my clutch pedal hole where the plastic bushing sits in is completely destroyed and informed me right away. He was willing to fix it, but I decided to take fix it up myself just for the heck of it.

By the way Cam, I haven't got to replacing the clevis bearing yet, but the shifting is way better than before!
Thanks!!

Other than that, I recommend everyone to try out the base bushings Cam offers and the CRW shifter cable bushings! Also Redline MT90 or Shockproof Lightweight transmission oil if you already haven't. :)
Goopi
Papa '2

Postby camshaft » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Much appreciated, thank you

Ya another clutch pedal with a huge hole, keep me posted!
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Postby RePete » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:49 am

I was over at Cam's a week ago, he took apart my cheapie eBay fogs and basically rebuilt them. Removed the crappy weatherstripping (we essentially pulled the lens off the housing by hand, no heat needed) and took the best parts off the OEM fogs (adjustment gears, housing cap, connectors) to make a hybrid setup that works pretty well. So far, I haven't seen anything Cam can't handle including audio.

Cheap silicon application

New super sticky roof calking
RePete
Grandfather '2

Postby m_b » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Hey cam I've got some electrical gremlins that I'm sure you'll have an answer too haha

When I got my car, my high beams wouldn't work if you pushed the turn signal stalk towards the front and it would only come on with flash to pass. Neither of them stopped working and was wondering if you have any idea what's going on. I've read a few things on what could possibly be happening but haven't found the time to tackle it.

1992 Toyota MR2 Turbo (Signal Yellow)
1994 Honda Civic Si
m_b
Baby '2

Postby MR2 Kid » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:52 am

First time going to cam and I had a great experience. Not only did I get a great deal on a set of tail lights but also received a lot of interesting information. I Would for sure suggest him to anyone. Thanks again for the help Cam I'll for sure be seeing you again if I ever need some work done.

Cheers, Connor
MR2 Kid

Postby camshaft » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Thanks
Get better soon
And sorry to hear about the hit and run on the car
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Postby willpower » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:50 pm

Hey cam! Thanks for The help and answering my question.
willpower

Postby MR2_Jester » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:32 am

Hey everyone, Just wanted to take a few minutes to say thank you to Camshaft. He's certainly not a stranger on this forum, most of you know what he's all about. Just got my car back from him two days ago and it's running better than it ever has. I took it to him with a blown head gasket back in January, before even getting the car he spent with me through emails and text messages making sure I ordered all the right parts we were going to need. He stayed in constant contact with me the entire time that he had my car, and provided detailed updates and pictures of where we was at all stages of the the job. It was a massive job, he fixed tons of other things along the way, for the first time in years I have complete confidence in my MR2s health.

Before taking my car to Camshaft I did shop around and explore other shops and other options, I would recommend to anyone reading this, that you save yourselves the frustration, time and money, of going to a shop, and keep your car with someone who has a passion for our rare cars and for this forum.

Thanks for everything Cam.
MR2_Jester
Baby '2

Postby camshaft » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:19 pm

thanks MR2_Jester
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Previous

Return to Engine\Mechanic Talk