New car issues

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

New car issues

Postby camshaft » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:47 pm

The car looks nice

So the squeak only happens when the clutch pedal is depressed to the floor ?

Clutch chatter, shudder, can be caused by a bad clutch or pressure plate problems

rattle when clutching ? can you explain more ?
Rattles can come from anything attached to the engine..

Syncro is shot, most likely depending on Km's tranny needs overhaul

Sounds like the tranny has to come out and get a overhaul and replace the clutch and resurface the flywheel..

As for other work it all depends on oh many Km's are on the car etc

Cam

wakawaka
So I just bought a new (to me) '2.http://carpron.com/multisite/v/Upload/wakawaka/yellowmr2/
I am planning on becoming a member of the bcmr2 club, but I do not have access to a paypal account at the moment, and I don't like sending cash through the mail. Maybe I'll meet up with someone on a drive before the season is over. Until then, I cannot post in any of the major forums on the board.

I have some 'minor' issues with my car that need to be addressed, and I would like your impartial opinion on what I can do about them.

- My throwout bearing squeaks when the car is in gear if the clutch pedal is depressed, but not enough to engage the clutch
- It also squeaks at idle, 95% of the time, cold or warm.
- I have a very significant/noticeable shudder when the clutch is being engaged/disengaged. I believe the clutch plate may be warped?
- There is also a rattle when clutching, could this be the heat shield?
- The second syncro in my tranny grinds going into second on an upshift unless I let the rpms drop about 1000-1250 from 1st gear.
- I can't get the second syncro to *not* grind on downshifts.

That said, I'm in love with my car.

Am I better off to get all of these problems fixed at once? Should I get more than the second syncro fixed while the tranny is apart, just in case? Any suggestions for helping with the grinding or clutch shudder issues?

Anything I should upgrade/work on while this is all being done?

Thanks in advance,
-Lincoln (Wakawaka)
Licensed Auto Technician, Gov Inspector, AirCare, Pressure Fuels Installer
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Return to Engine\Mechanic Talk