Need help, jerky at acceleration/deceleration - mk1 NA

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Need help, jerky at acceleration/deceleration - mk1 NA

Postby carterjoe » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Hey folks need some advice…. I have a problem with my 1987 na manual.

The problems occurs when I first start accelerating. The first bit of movement in the pedal nothing happens then after a bit further it jerks and operates as normal. Same thing happens when letting off the accelerator, operates as normal but once i get close to being fully off the gas it doesn't do anything then a once completely of the gas it jerks and slows down as it normally would do when completely off the gas. So if none of that makes sense its like there isn't a smooth transition between
being slightly on/off the gas. I checked my throttle cable and there isn't any slack… Also i tried calibrating my tps and i couldn't get the setting thats suppose to read infinity to max out my ohm meter. Could that be my problem?

Anyone encounter this kind of problem before/know how to fix it?
carterjoe

Re: Need help, jerky at acceleration/deceleration - mk1 NA

Postby immorality » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:22 am

If your TPS doesn't meet the specifications in the BGB,that is definitely a problem. I was also going to suggest that you take the throttle body off and give it a really good clean to make sure the action of the throttle plate is nice and smooth throughout its range of motion.
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Return to Engine\Mechanic Talk