Exhaust Deals

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Exhaust Deals

Postby MR2Turbo » Tue May 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Anyone know where to get a nice dual catback exhaust?
I was looking at the Berk exhaust and the TKO exhaust but the price is a bit more than I wanted to spend. I also read about the EMS exhausts and the ebay versions of it. Just want to get something other than stock, not too much louder, but a bit more aggressive.

Anything local or some deal online?
MR2Turbo
Baby '2

Re: Exhaust Deals

Postby kakucaekz » Tue May 29, 2012 11:38 pm

A good used exhaust can cost anywhere from $400-$700, or $1000+ for the super rare and discontinued ones. I got my GReddy SP for $400 CDN shipped, got lucky there. If you really want one now, you can try this one here:

http://www.mr2.com/forums/mk-2-parts-fs ... haust.html

Just look around on the FS sections of MR2.com and MR2OC.com, something will pop up.
Dalton
1991 MR2 Turbo - Summer toy
1992 Acura Integra GSR - Winter/daily/passenger car
kakucaekz
Papa '2

Postby Goopi » Wed May 30, 2012 1:30 am

A lot of people compare TKO exhausts to Berk but do not realize that Berk is full stainless (except for hangers), while the TKO has aluminized piping. KO Racing (TKO) does offer their exhausts with stainless steel piping, but the price jumps quiet a bit if you go that route.

Aluminized exhausts do last long though, but not as good as aluminum, stainless steel, or titanium exhausts so I would coat it with something to try and make it last longer if you end up getting one.

If you go for TKO 3", go with the 7" mufflers. :D

As Kaku posted, MR2oc always has great deals on their authorized vendors and group buy sales section, especially for Berk exhausts.
I got my Berk for roughly $550 brand new from one of them!

A 3" exhaust is a 3" exhaust whether new or used, if you get a stainless steel one and make sure it has no dents or anything that bothers you then it's definitely worth saving the $100-200 for a used one OR get a good deal like I did. :D
Goopi
Papa '2

Postby macatak » Wed May 30, 2012 3:59 pm

TKO's are also available with flat black ceramic coating
'89 SC, 1st place MR2 MK1/MK3, 2013 Toyotafest; Best AW11 PSTOF 2010
'91 Turbo,
'99 Maxima ES - lump
macatak
Papa '2

Postby dh4ever » Wed May 30, 2012 4:09 pm

theres a place in abbotsford that will ceramic coat shiznit if you need to be done :) im getting my jeeps intake manifold coated to limit heat transfer
dh4ever
Papa '2

Return to Engine\Mechanic Talk