Keeping things Cool

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Keeping things Cool

Postby driftingsw21 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:47 am

Ok as we all know our trunks run very hot. The lack of insulation in that are leaves much to be desired so I'm going to go off on a limb and try something out.

Anyone ever heard of two companies, 1 is Thermal Protection Inc, they make a gold and silver foil that is designed to reflect heat. Another is a company called Koolmat. This product is akin to the foam insulation we have on the driver's side firewall. Yet offer better sound deadening and heat protection.

Now does anyone know the following? Dimensions of the two firewalls, and Dimensions of the area above the mufflers? I would like to give things the benifit of the doubt so we'll see how things go. Least it's something vs nothing on the heat/noise front. Anyone know the best places to put sound deadening material on the interior??
97 SC300 Because DD with some space
95 Sunroof Because Show Car
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Re: Keeping things Cool

Postby camshaft » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Well depends on costs right anything is possible for a price

http://www.heatshieldproducts.com/automotive
Licensed Auto Technician, Gov Inspector, AirCare, Pressure Fuels Installer
Mr2 Parts
camshaft
MR2 Veteran

Re: Keeping things Cool

Postby driftingsw21 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:05 pm

I spoke with owners of both companies the price well it's not as bad as I thought it would be actually fairly cheap all things considered. Overall I'm looking at only 450 total spend on all this stuff. Not bad when my initial estimate was in the 800 dollar range with DEI foil and insulation.
97 SC300 Because DD with some space
95 Sunroof Because Show Car
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Return to General Discussion