B.C. Engine Importers?

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Re: B.C. Engine Importers?

Postby driftingsw21 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:41 am

Sounds like you are determined to make the strut bar work. I know a good fab guy that could make you a spacer, you might also want to drill out the holes at the leading edge of the bar a little to get some slack. IMPORTANT item here about the bar, never try to remove bar when the car is off the ground ever!!! When the bar is mounted it's a stressed member of the body and you will end up stripping the threads in the front. Learned that the very hard and expensive way :x I'm going to take a "different" approach to the rear strut tower problem. I'd be so jelly if my long term plans for the engine bay prohibits using said bar. Best rear bar for the mr2 bar none.

Who do you plan on doing the paint work on your car. I recently got my hands on something that I plan on making look good before I make it fast. Ahh how things come around full circle and I care more about the look of things vs the speed of things now days, least for now. Some very special parts I've been waiting for have finally seen the light of day so I have to get them. I'll let the cat out the bag soon enough :wink: Eh two phase body builds fml.

I'll PM you my number hit me up and if I'm on the west Coast I'll swing over and turn a wrench. Been there done that hell I could name off all the sizes of the bolts on most any part it's that sad.
97 SC300 Because DD with some space
95 Sunroof Because Show Car
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby mr2turbo3 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:54 am

Yes very determined LOL. The TRD strut bar is probably one of my favorite parts (along with my JDM Special Edition Rear Quarter Window Visors and JDM Rain Visors) and it would be a shame if I've kept it in the box all this time only not to be able to use it. I might wanna get that # of your fab guy. I checked the 94+ strut bar riser part # and it's discontinued. Gonna check first with Amayama Trading and see if I can still order them from Japan. Would be nice too if I found someone with a 94+ that had the risers and let me just trace the shape of them so I could cut something similar. And thanks for the tip. I'll definitely remember it.

My neighbor actually has a friend that has a paint and body shop in the Shoreline/Edmonds area. I saw his Chevelle show car and it turned out very nice.

Looking forward to see what you do with your car. Remember seeing somewhere you picked up a Super Red 94 N/A. Definitely a nice platform to start with. I'm guessing maybe a Gen 4 or 5 in your future.
mr2turbo3

Postby driftingsw21 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:57 am

Fab guy is Rob at Flipside Customs. He does it part time, so he actually cares about making a good product for his clients vs making random junk to fill his pockets. The 20v airbox he built for a friend of mine was just sexy. I have strut bar risers on the spyder for some reason, I could see if they fit on the 2nd gen. I'm fairly confidant they would work knowing how lazy toyota can be in designing parts. If they do work feel free to use them as a template.
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby driftingsw21 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:08 pm

Do you still need those strut tower spacers I found them in the trunk of the car, oh its nice having a trunk again. I could lend them to you so you to help the process along.
driftingsw21
Baby '2

Postby mr2turbo3 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:55 pm

driftingsw21 wrote:Do you still need those strut tower spacers I found them in the trunk of the car, oh its nice having a trunk again. I could lend them to you so you to help the process along.

Yes that would be great! I'm still not gonna try installing the TRD strut bar until next month so maybe I'll shoot you a text around then so I don't have them all this time. The Gen 4 swap is done and we will be trying to start it tomorrow so fingers crossed. But I still need to get the suspension work done and also send my car to paInt. Once I get the car painted is when I was gonna try installing the rear strut bar.
mr2turbo3

Previous

Return to General Discussion