Lack of discussion (even for winter)

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Re: Lack of discussion (even for winter)

Postby thelaw604 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:24 am

Unfortunately I'm one of those punks that hit a barrier from the drop throttle oversteer... :( I did end up selling the salvage to Cameron so hopefully he can make use of it.

I do agree with Pete about driving cars though. I ended up moving on to the FRS because I couldn't find another MR2 in good enough shape. I was also tired of dealing with the issues of an older car that a lot of people didn't want to work on and just wanted to drive it. Having said that, there are still days where I do miss the MR2... I have also met some great people on here and the BCMR2 events have been great in the past. I still plan to join you guys on some events, just not in a MR2.

Back to the original topic, Facebook is definitely a force to be reckoned with. The local FRS board is completely dead and has gained no traction, whereas everyone uses the FB group to communicate. FB just makes things so easy.
thelaw604
Baby '2

Postby PearlWhiteMR2 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:29 pm

I think Russ is right. The Facebook pages are nice because it keeps all your social media activities in one area. I remember going online and having four or five windows open for each forum/page, and now it's just simple to check everything from one place, plus get notifications for everything in one place.

I also bought and FR-S. It was a rash decision, and one that ultimately led me to sell my own MR2 because it was sitting in the driveway starting to rust, and I couldn't afford to fix it or drive it. I miss it all the time. I hope to possibly own another someday.
-Sarah
1985 MR2 - R.I.P
1991 MR2 Turbo
2013 Scion FR-S
Apprentice Tech at Valley Toyota
PearlWhiteMR2
Grandfather '2

Postby 2-yota » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:44 pm

I'm old school ... message board for me works just fine. Kind of aligns with the vintage of the car too.

And I'm trying to get to my 1000 post.
-Ed
Black MR2 Turbo
2-yota
Papa '2

Postby Fab4MR2 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:06 am

I have to say that I have never understood the fascination with FB. To me they are mostly picture pages with captions, and are very incoherent. I couldn't imagine putting together any sort of in depth auto information on one.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! :-)
Fab4MR2
Baby '2

Postby immorality » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:03 am

I think the FB thing can be convenient because everyone has it on their phone as well and you get alerted to every message (whether you want to or not is another thing).
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion