Whose car is this?

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Re: Whose car is this?

Postby adam » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:59 pm

driftingsw21 wrote:That car is fairly rare combo for the color. Most white cars come with that stupid blue interior. Good if someone is looking for a decently price resto project

This car has leather - all the leather interiors were black. The fabric interior in '91 in Canada was red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adam
Grandfather '2

Postby Kin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:09 am

The car has some questions marks on it, as you cannot confirm the mileage, since it has not gone throught aircare in the past, so its a gamble?? I prefer to also confirm mileage before buying to makesure it is what it is advertise as..
GO CANUCKS!
Kin
Junior '2

Whose car is this?

Postby adam » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:15 am

Kin wrote:The car has some questions marks on it, as you cannot confirm the mileage, since it has not gone throught aircare in the past, so its a gamble?? I prefer to also confirm mileage before buying to makesure it is what it is advertise as..

AirCare records are consistent with claimed mileage if it's say for the last few years. That seems likely since the seller just got his hands on it. My guess is he took it as payment for something. No guarantees that the mileage is real, but there's also nothing that I've found so far that indicates otherwise.

adam
Grandfather '2

Postby Kin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:19 am

Hi adam,

correction, owner gave me wrong info, therefore could not pull any aircare info...thanks for providing this!

Owner said that somebody looking into the car ran a check on the car and saw a 15,000 claim on it? Yikes.....

May want to look into this to makesure if this is accurate or not.. cause there is always a reason why its price like this.
GO CANUCKS!
Kin
Junior '2

Postby RePete » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:18 am

If there's a 15 grand claim on it that means the car was worth at least that (probably much more) when the collision happened. That means it transpired early in its life and it's probably a decent repair job (give or take).
RePete
Grandfather '2

Postby adam » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:14 pm

RePete wrote:If there's a 15 grand claim on it that means the car was worth at least that (probably much more) when the collision happened. That means it transpired early in its life and it's probably a decent repair job (give or take).

July 1991. Hopefully the poor guy didn't wreck it as he drove he from the dealership.
I agree, the repair would likely have been decent, but absolutely no guarantees. $15k+ could have been a decent hit. Any car is a risk of having previous damage, cars with claims you know have a risk.

adam
Grandfather '2

Postby adam » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Kin wrote:Owner said that somebody looking into the car ran a check on the car and saw a 15,000 claim on it? Yikes.....

That was me. I paid $75 to do various searches.

adam
Grandfather '2

Postby Kin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:37 pm

Thanks adam for clarifying it! The owner denied it first than was huss huss about it when I said it must have been at the begining of the mr2 life so therefore not a write off and car has alot of value in it. The only deals I like are the ones that are motivated because "they are leaving the country" other than that there is usually reasons why its priced lower than market value, guess the owner knows about it cause if he didn't, he would have likely ask for more money.

I think base (NA) model 91 were going for 21,995 when I first pre-order mine in late 1990, but of course you can bargain alittle.
GO CANUCKS!
Kin
Junior '2

Postby adam » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:50 pm

Kin wrote:Thanks adam for clarifying it! The owner denied it first than was huss huss about it when I said it must have been at the begining of the mr2 life so therefore not a write off and car has alot of value in it. The only deals I like are the ones that are motivated because "they are leaving the country" other than that there is usually reasons why its priced lower than market value, guess the owner knows about it cause if he didn't, he would have likely ask for more money.

I think base (NA) model 91 were going for 21,995 when I first pre-order mine in late 1990, but of course you can bargain alittle.

No worries. The seller's antics are questionable.

Notice how the price us going up as he gets more interest?

Nobody recognizes this car from the club, eh?

adam
Grandfather '2

Postby adam » Thu May 22, 2014 10:15 pm

adam wrote:
Kin wrote:Thanks adam for clarifying it! The owner denied it first than was huss huss about it when I said it must have been at the begining of the mr2 life so therefore not a write off and car has alot of value in it. The only deals I like are the ones that are motivated because "they are leaving the country" other than that there is usually reasons why its priced lower than market value, guess the owner knows about it cause if he didn't, he would have likely ask for more money.

No worries. The seller's antics are questionable.

Notice how the price us going up as he gets more interest?

Nobody recognizes this car from the club, eh?

Does anyone know if this car sold? …Kin?
adam
Grandfather '2

Postby adam » Thu May 22, 2014 10:16 pm

Does anyone know what's holding up the sale on this car? It's been for sale forever.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bnc/c ... 92529.html
adam
Grandfather '2

Postby m_b » Thu May 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Lol that's been for sale since before I even bought my car last year. Someone should check it out and report back with their findings.
1992 Toyota MR2 Turbo (Signal Yellow)
1994 Honda Civic Si
m_b
Baby '2

Postby adam » Fri May 23, 2014 10:32 am

m_b wrote:Lol that's been for sale since before I even bought my car last year. Someone should check it out and report back with their findings.

I know, it's been for sale forever.

adam
Grandfather '2

Postby Kin » Sat May 31, 2014 10:50 am

RHD...thats pretty much the reason why.
GO CANUCKS!
Kin
Junior '2

Postby adam » Sat May 31, 2014 12:42 pm

Kin wrote:RHD...thats pretty much the reason why.

Really? Seems that RHD cars move quicker than LHD ones these days because the market is weak in the LHD price range. I don't know if this car has gremlins, but I think if it was a LHD SMG Hardtop Turbo it would be worth twice as much.

adam
Grandfather '2

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion