Greetings!

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Greetings!

Postby Crabathor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:20 pm

Hey everyone :D

My name is Joe. Glad to be apart of the forum and looking forward to joining in on some events. I've been living in Coquitlam for a year, I'm a student at SFU. Bought a red supercharged 89 about and month a half ago. It's in pretty good shape; Interior is flawless, and it has about 10k on almost entirely new internals. Paint needs a bit of work. Sold my Acura Integra to a lucky (?) young man and decided to go for the Mr2 while I am young and having two seats only means I don't have to drive around all my lame friends. It's been (mostly) a dream come true! Much funner to drive, though at first it was pretty painful at first as I had never driven a standard before.

Though recently I've ended up moving back to Mission. My dad has cancer, and after a lot of tribulation I've decided to postpone my education in favor of spending as much time as I can with him. I did most of my moving with my truck, but ended up making one great trip back with the Mr2. T-tops out, two five foot lamps strapped in and sticking out into the wind.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi. If anyone in the Mission or Abbotsford area knows any good places to get some muffler work done (Looking at swapping in an SW20), let me know. Or if you just want to hang out and go for a drive. I'd take Mission's backroads over Coquitlam's construction any day! I know there is a white supercharged (I believe) Mk1 around here somewhere...he's flashed his headlights at me a couple times and I think I gave him a triumphant thumbs up.

-Joe
Crabathor

Re: Greetings!

Postby PearlWhiteMR2 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:52 pm

hey joe, welcome to the club! Just your luck we are having a drive in the mission area next weekend! Check our upcoming events forum for more details. As for the muffler, there are several people on the forum who could help you out. If you want a good shop though, the best one in mission that I have used frequently is symons tire. They do just about everything and they let me watch while they worked so I could see what they did to my baby lol.

Once again welcome and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
-Sarah
1985 MR2 - R.I.P
1991 MR2 Turbo
2013 Scion FR-S
Apprentice Tech at Valley Toyota
PearlWhiteMR2
Grandfather '2

Postby MRII » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Welcome Joe.
Try to make it to the drive on the 10th to stretch your MR2s legs.
MRII
Junior '2

Postby cam_132 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Welcome, and also welcome to the maple ridge/mission area, i am a expert with the mk1's and i am in maple ridge, if you ever need advice on the mk1's give me a call at 778 928 0599. names cam.

and again welcome
Ruus wrote:
once an mr2 owner, always an mr2 owner. Its the love of the car that brings us together, not the owning of one.
cam_132
Papa '2

Return to General Discussion