Hello everyone!

Moderators: Administrator, Executive Members, Moderator Group

Hello everyone!

Postby Morgin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:21 pm

Was thinking about this group today and thought I would check in to see who is still kicking around.

Anyone seen my old black '86 driving around the island? It had sweet original leather seats and 130,000 km. I miss it. (But not the rust that has for sure now eaten it).

How is everyone?!
Morgin
Baby '2

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby bbarnumboy » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:48 am

Doing good. Have any pictures of the old 2? that may spark an eye.

I dont recall seeing your board name before or know if i have met you :-)
God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope
bbarnumboy
MR2 know it all

Postby sbarc » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:14 am

I saw a black MR2 the other day at Thrifty's at Broadmead......but it had no rust. It did look like an early low mileage MK1.
Victoria has a new MK1....I bought a 89 SC last week in Vancouver.
'93 MR2 N/A
'91 MR2 N/A
'89 MR2 SC (CDN car)
'89 MR2 SC (US car)
'85 Supra (white)
'85 Supra (silver/Grey 2 tone)
'90 Porsche 928 GT
'81 Porsche 924 Turbo
'73 Triumph GT6
71 Opel GT
sbarc
Baby '2

Postby Russ B. » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:09 pm

I've seen a couple black mk1's in the last few months. Not sure which one was yours.
Russ B.

'87 Silver & Blue, Hardtop, N/A, 6-speed
Russ B.
Junior '2

Postby Morgin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Paint would have been in rough condition, original teardrop wheels, sunroof, and sweet sweet toyota 80's leather. I miss it!

So how is everyone? I want to join the club again but I need a new 2. Who is selling a mk2.
Morgin
Baby '2

Postby Morgin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:40 pm

bbarnumboy wrote:Doing good. Have any pictures of the old 2? that may spark an eye.

I dont recall seeing your board name before or know if i have met you :-)

I moved out of BC in 2005 - Living in the land of oil and shitty hockey teams. But I still recall my days on the island driving around with the sunroof off (getting wet) quite fondly. I drive a matrix now because I'm lame like that but it's almost time to get back in the game.
Morgin
Baby '2

Postby Morgin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:42 pm

sbarc wrote:I saw a black MR2 the other day at Thrifty's at Broadmead......but it had no rust. It did look like an early low mileage MK1.
Victoria has a new MK1....I bought a 89 SC last week in Vancouver.

Good pickup! Glad to see this place lived on...
Morgin
Baby '2

Postby Morgin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Russ B. wrote:I've seen a couple black mk1's in the last few months. Not sure which one was yours.

Mr. Russ B.!!!! How the heck are you? Still hitting up the local vic meetings? Who from the early 2000s is still around? There was that adam (i think?) guy who had the really nice red mk1 with the erebuni kit (again, i think, memory is fuzzy), glenn with his maroon sc, and if i recall you had a really nice silver one that you may have driven off the road once or twice.
Morgin
Baby '2

Postby immorality » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:29 pm

Adam's car had the Style auto kit, he was trying to sell it, but I've long lost touch with him. Glen sold his car and moved to the lower mainland. I think he's in Agassiz now. Geoff Seely is still around, now driving a black JDM mk2, Trevor is still around with his red mk1. RussB will have to fill in the rest. I don't know if you remember me, I'm the other Russ(T), that would drive down from Nanaimo in a white 87. That car is long gone, but I've got a white '94 that I brought up from San Diego about a year and a half ago.
immorality
BCMR2 Web Admin & Executive Board Member

Postby Morgin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:45 pm

immorality wrote:Adam's car had the Style auto kit, he was trying to sell it, but I've long lost touch with him. Glen sold his car and moved to the lower mainland. I think he's in Agassiz now. Geoff Seely is still around, now driving a black JDM mk2, Trevor is still around with his red mk1. RussB will have to fill in the rest. I don't know if you remember me, I'm the other Russ(T), that would drive down from Nanaimo in a white 87. That car is long gone, but I've got a white '94 that I brought up from San Diego about a year and a half ago.

Yup I remember you! Am I remembering correctly that you attended that all-toyota drive up island back in March of 2003 or so? I think it was the time that kid crashed his car at shawnigan lake. I think we met in person a few times at any rate, but I remember your username on here way more! Geoff was a good guy, I totally forgot about him :o He has a pretty nice black cdn spec mk2 back then.

These forums seem a little quieter. I went over to check out revscene's site and it is even scarier.
Morgin
Baby '2

Postby Russ B. » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Hey Morgin. Yes I wrecked my silver '85 and now I drive a blue/silver '87. Still attending the meetings like usual. Adam totally disappeared but sold his '87 to his friend who's been driving it. Glen's been back a couple times for visits, and his car's been painted a different colour. The new owner drops by the occasional meeting with it. You don't need an MR2 to join the meeting, just show up next time you're back in town.
Russ B.

'87 Silver & Blue, Hardtop, N/A, 6-speed
Russ B.
Junior '2

Postby Morgin » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 am

Will do!
Morgin
Baby '2

Return to General Discussion